Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kinky's Back!

Even though it is Full Moon Time, today has been great for two reasons—Gilligan got adopted to a super home and Kinky is back at the ranch.

During lunch a nice woman called and I actually picked up the phone without knowing who was calling and I am so glad that I did, because she was wanting a small, mutt dog to adopt because she and her husband's fifteen years-old dog had passed away last month and they were now ready to get another one. When I told her about Gilligan she could not wait to come out and meet him. Forty-five minutes later it was love at first sight for the two of them and as she signed off on his adoption papers Tony and I laughed because it was obvious to us that Gilligan could not wait to get out of here and go to his new fantastic forever home.

Early this evening around five-thirty Kinky called. "Hi, Nance. I'm about fifteen minutes away from the ranch and I want you and Tony to come over..." Twelve minutes later Kinky was reunited with The Friedmans and then we had a fun visit with him in his kitchen, as he petted Sophie and fed The Friedmans treats fit-for-a-human, as he told us about how much he had enjoyed the tour and meeting so many nice people. 

When I gave him the good news about Gilligan getting adopted today he was thrilled. "Now, Nance and Tone, I've got a lot of paperwork to take care of and many phone calls to return so let's get together in the morning."

"That sounds good, Kink," I said, as I petted Chumley Friedman. "Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for us because we have to go to Kerrville sometime tomorrow and then pack for our thirty-one hour vacation down in Port Aransas with Rick and Leisa and Denise and Mark. Ben is coming in real early Thursday morning to babysit the rescue ranch and to take care of things and we should be back here a little after noon on Friday. T. and I are really looking forward to our vacation with our friends and..." With that said—Buttermilk took us home.

Last night I loved watching "The King's Speech" so much that I am fixin' to make some Orville Redenbacher's Original Gourmet Popping Corn for us and watch it again. Colin Firth is fantastic in it.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: