Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Green Green Grass & Weeds Of Home!

This morning after only walking four miles with Leslie, I went outside to help Lisa, Matt, Meghann, Joe and Tony with the mowing. When I reached the barn Matt was pushing the mower and Joe, Meghann and Lisa were weed eating so I jumped on the riding lawn mower and took off for the two giant dog pens at the front of our rescue ranch. An hour later the grass was cut in the pens and they looked great.

When I rode up to the barn Matt was filling the push mower's gas tank. "Happy Birthday, Matt!" I said. "Thank you for coming out. The place is starting to really look nice..." Then I jumped on the riding mower and took off to cut more grass while T. and Lisa mowed and weed eated the big pen down by our trailer and Meghann and Joe edged the flower beds and fence lines. When it was time for them to leave the rescue ranch looked beautiful and there was very little yard work left to do.  Before they drove away Tony and I thanked our great volunteers for helping us out.

This afternoon I talked to Roger Peach on the phone. He and his wife, Mary are the wonderful people who spent over two years trying to rescue Mr. Rogers and Miss Dee from the streets of Wichita, Kansas. He had called earlier, but I had missed his call because he was excited about Mr. Rogers and Miss Dee's upcoming adoption on May 15th and he wanted to talk to me about it and to make sure this woman was good enough for the dogs that they had rescued. Before hanging up with Roger he was thrilled and felt good about his and Mary's rescued dogs going to this nice woman in Fort Worth.

This evening we took in a sweet Pit Bull mix named Annie Oakley from a friend of ours who could no longer keep her. She is so white that she is nearly pink, she is only a year and two months old and is as sweet and friendly as she can be. Tomorrow I will take a picture of her and post it tomorrow night. She's a sweetheart and a great dog! Also tomorrow my books should be arriving and I am very excited about it!

Well, that's about it for today. Thank you, Lisa, Matt, Meghann and Joe for making our work easier! Happy Birthday Matt!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: