Monday, January 11, 2010

Short Stack Tonight!

Today has been great! This morning Lisa, Matt, Clare and Sara came out and walked our dogs, while Tony did his chores, and I cooked Hank another "Welcome Home" breakfast, so he will be glad that he is here.  I fixed him three scrambled eggs along with a half pound of cooked sausage in olive oil, topped off with a little cheddar cheese and heavily seasoned with garlic. Then I went outside with my warm concoction and found Tony, so he could feed it to him.

Lisa, Matt, Sara, Clare and I watched as Tony went into Hank's pen to serve him his hot breakfast. When Tony dished it out into Hank's feed bowl, Hank knew exactly what to do and quickly ate it all! Not to brag, but I think Hank loves my cooking! As all of us visited with Hank outside his pen, Tony petted him, then Hank sat down next to T. and leaned into him as Tone put his arm around him and continued to pet him! Then Lisa told me that Hank had kissed her on her nose earlier this morning! I was thrilled! Before we left his pen Hank let everyone touch him. I am so happy that he is starting to turn around.

Later today Tony told me that he went into Hank's pen and Hank sat in his lap and even gave him a kiss on the mouth, and the good news is I didn't get jealous!

This afternoon I cooked up some quesadillas for our dogs. I took this picture of Blackie and Alfie being served their treats.

Then I took this short stack of videos of some of our dogs getting their treats today. Enjoy!

Mr. Rogers and Miss Dee  

Layla and Little Girl    

Jill and Scooby Do    

Hank    

Y'all have a great evening!

6 comments:

Roger said...

Great videos! That little Hank is getting some faith in us humans. What is going on with the fur on Mr. Rogers hip, did he get injured? I can't remember which leg was injured. I know he's in good hands, just curious.

Anonymous said...

TRY MAKING BISCUITS FROM BACON GREASE and all purpose flour and butter milk and garlic. mine love them.

cousin nancy said...

Hello Roger and Anon!

Roger, Mr. Rogers is just fine and so is his leg, and the fur is just some loose hair from shedding a few weeks ago when it was still warm. And, Hank is starting to like it here thank goodness. We cannot wait to give him a roommate. It is going to be Nellybelle in just a few more days, when Ben gets here on Thursday to help Tony hot wire a pen for them.

Hi Anon, sounds tasty! Please send me your recipe. I would love to make them for our dogs! I am sure they would them. And, please note, I will steal your recipe and call it Cousin Nancy's Bacon Biscuits. Sorry, I can't help it!

Thank y'all for your comments.

Anonymous said...

I use about three cups all purpose flour, the hardened grease from one pound of bacon and cut it in. Add garlic (minced or powder)and mix well. Then add 1 to 1 and a half cups buttermilk. Drop by spoon fulls onto a sprayed cookie sheet, bake at 450 about 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown. You do not add leavening you want them to be hard like dog biscuits. Hamburger grease also works, so does rendered chicken fat (smalthz), you can add meat scraps or anything the dogs like including cheese, I don't like to throw out anything when the dogs will eat it. Mine also love raw broccoli, green beans squash. Surfice it to say if its food they will eat it. I am thinking of putting together a dog food cook book.

Lori said...

I am not sure why bacon biscuits for dogs made me so hungry but i was thinking about making me some bisquik and bacon sandwiches tonight maybe for dinner and my dogs better stay out of the way! heh! I love your videos Cousin Nancy and next time I am in Texas, I want to come visit!

cousin nancy said...

Thank y'all for your comments and the recipe!