Monday, May 4, 2009

The Friedman Family Bone Orchard!

This morning, following breakfast, I put on one of my favorite, old Geezinslaw Brothers sweatshirts, that my husband, Jim, and I designed for their 1991 World Tour. The dog, riding sidesaddle with Sammy—was our dog, Chaser. Here is a picture of it.

I was feeling pretty puny this morning, so I only walked four fast miles. For a second, after finishing my four miles, I thought about doing one more mile, but my body told me that that wasn't going to happen.

(Before I continue, I need to apologize to y'all for my shortened blogs. My excuse is—I'm working on my second book, and trying to finish it! I am hoping to self-publish it by July. Please wish me luck with it!)

Thankfully, last night, we had a little cold front come in, so this morning, it was cool outside and we didn't need our broken air conditioner! I spent the entire morning doing paperwork. For lunch, I fixed Tilapia with some sauteed vegetables, and Tony cleaned his plate and complimented me on my cooking.

Around one o'clock, our friend, Rick, our great A/C man, who owns Hometown Services, showed up with his wife, Carla, to fix our unit! Fortunately, he had it up and running in less than ten minutes! He only had to replace a capacitor. Yeah! After he was done, we all went into Outer Space and we had a really fun visit! Rick is the best air conditioning man in the Texas Hill County! We love you, Rick!

After Rick and Carla left the rescue ranch, I finished up my paperwork. Twenty minutes later, Buttermilk took us to Medina, so I could mail out several thank you letters, and buy some stamps. Then she brought us back home.

I had one new message on Carlton, the answering machine. "Nance, this is Kinky. Are you there? Nancy, Nancy, Nancy. Please give me a call." Click.

I called Kinky. He was fine, and all he wanted was for me to come over for a visit, and he also wanted to show me his new Friedman Family Bone Orchard gardening improvements! Buttermilk and I took off for the Lodge.

I was really impressed with Kink's new improvements, and I wished that I had taken my camera with me. Tomorrow, if I remember, I will go over there, and take some pictures, so y'all can see how beautiful it is. Kinky and I had a fun visit out by the Bone Orchard, and then Kinky suggested that we take The Friedmans for a short walk, so Mr. Magoo could get some more, much needed exercise.

Kinky's idea of a short walk today, turned out to be a full blown cross-country hike! We hiked up and down trails and narrow paths, in the woods, and The Friedmans really seemed to enjoy their outing! I enjoyed it, too, because Kinky and I talked about his book, and my upcoming book, etc.!

When we returned to the Lodge, Kinky challenged me to a friendly game of pool. Needless to say, The Hummingbird Man - 1, Cousin Nancy - 0.

After being defeated, Buttermilk returned me to the rescue ranch. When I told Tony about losing the pool game, Tony told me that he is going to challenge Kinky tomorrow.

Y'all have a great evening!

4 comments:

Simply Cindy Lou said...

Nancy I am so glad that you are working on a second book. I look forward to reading it.

Anonymous said...

atta girl!

DY_Goddess said...

Great design Nancy. Dwight is a fan of the Geezinlaws too!

cousin nancy said...

Hello Cindy Lou, Anon and Fay!
Cindy Lou, I have it written, and am now putting it all together. I like it and think that is as good as my last book or better!

Anon, thank you.

And Fay! I know that Dwight is a fan of the Geezinslaws, because years ago, Sammy Allred, a dear friend of mine, came back from doing the Ralph Emery Show, in Nashville, and when he returned to Austin, he came over to our embroidery shop, and told us that he and his wife Karen, had met Dwight, and even got to have dinner with him! Sammy told us that he really liked Dwight, too. And, Sammy is the one, who told Dwight, at that dinner that night, about Kinky's books, and that is how Dwight discovered Kinky! It really is a small world. And FYI—I listening to Dwight right now, singing—Long White Cadillac! I love that song!

Thank y'all for your comments!