Sunday, May 3, 2009

Afternoon Delight!

This morning, I woke up pretty early, at five-thirty. I did my morning chores. At six o'clock, I put in Leslie's DVD and started walking with her. Before starting the fast four miles, I had decided to go easy today, and just do my regular five fast miles. By seven-forty-something, I had walked another eight miles! I felt good, and was really proud of myself!

During breakfast, I told Tony about doing another eight miles, and his jaw dropped! He told me that he was proud of me, but he asked me to please cut back to just five miles a day. I sorta promised that I would. I think I will do five miles a day, except on weekends—then I will try to do eight miles both days—if I have the time.

Around one-thirty, Kinky called me from the road. We talked for about ten minutes, and then he had to go, because he was headed to a chili-cookoff— to be one of the judges.

After he called, our trailer started really heating up, since our air conditioning unit had died, yesterday. I was in the middle of backing up my computer, when Tony came inside the trailer and said, "It's hotter in here, than it is outside. I'll be right back." Then he left and went outside.

Twenty minutes later, Tony carried in one of our emergency air conditioning window units. Then he left again. Ten minutes later, he came inside with the window unit from my Space Ship. Fifteen minutes later, we closed our windows, and let the cool air fill our hot trailer! It was an afternoon delight for me and our dogs and Lucky! Thank you, Tone!

After I had backed up all of my files, and was starting to check my e-mail, when Tony came into 'big room' and asked me if he could buy one of my books from me. "What?" I asked.

"I want to send a copy of your book to one of my friends," Tony said.

"Tone, you are welcome to have as many copies of my book that you want, and you don't have to pay me for it. Who is it for?" Tony told me. I then went to my office, grabbed a copy of my book, and then I signed it to his friends. Then he and I made up a little 'care package' for them. T. is going to mail it out, in the morning.

Around six o'clock, Kinky called and invited me to come over to the Lodge. He and I had a fun visit, out by the Friedman Family Bone Orchard, and then we decided to go for a walk—hoping to help Gooie walk off a few pounds. The Friedmans seemed to really enjoy their walk, and Mr. Magoo did a lot of running, swimming and fetching! I was back home by seven-thirty.

Y'all have a great evening!


Linda T said...

Tony is such a sweetheart! And you are doing such a great job with the walking, it really shows.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Linda! Thank you for the comment. I have to agree with you about Tony being a sweetheart!