Monday, June 22, 2009

Godspeed, Tom Price!

This afternoon, I received this very sad e-mail, from Stephanie:
"Hello to All,
As many of you have already heard, Tom passed away just before noon today. He went to sleep peacefully in his bed with Susan, as always, by his side. It’s never easy to lose someone you love, but I think we all know how fortunate we are to have had someone like Tom in our lives.

I want to thank all of you, as do Susan and Ben, for all of your love, support, visits, emails, and meals that have helped ease the burden that these fine folks have had to carry. At the request of Susan and Ben, we are going to stop the meal service after tonight. Thank you to those who have signed up for this week, but let’s cancel those meals so that Susan may begin the therapeutic process of cooking again.

I won’t quote this correctly, but as Tom’s good friend Bob Raines said recently, if life is a game, and the point of the game is to make the most friends, and touch the most lives for the better... well, we all know Tom won.
Love to you all,
Stephanie"

Tony and I loved Tom Price, and we will miss our dear friend so much. Tom definitely won the game. Kinky, Tony and I send our love and sympathies to Susan, and their son, Ben, over their loss. I can't quit crying, and I am at a loss for words. Godspeed, Tom—we love you, and thank you for letting us be your friend.

Tom Price

1 comment:

DY_Goddess said...

I'm sorry to hear of Tom's passing. Thanks for posting the link to his website, he was a very intelligent and talented man, with a great sense of humour.
My thoughts are with his friends and family, may their wonderful memories of Tom carry them through the difficult days ahead.