Thursday, February 25, 2010

Do Over!

Yesterday I spent most of my day editing my book. I had completely finished it by eight o'clock last night. After backing up my book to a CD I watched a few shows on TV and then I went to bed early. Even though I was mentally exhausted I had a hard time falling to sleep because I was so excited about finally completing the editing process.

After doing the Harley Show I made breakfast and that's when I decided to not walk today because I have already walked 128 miles this month and I only have to walk twelve more miles to reach the 140 miles required for this month.

At ten o'clock I sat down at my laptop and decided to do a fast Microsoft Word spelling and grammar check on my book to see if it could find anymore corrections I needed to make. I'm glad that I did even though it made me sick.

I do not know what I did wrong, but for some reason after I clicked in the Preferences Spelling and Grammar box and asked it to edit, it either removed all of my previous editing or I did something wrong because all of my editing work is gone! I grabbed my backup disks to use but all of them were the same without my edits up to at least page sixty-seven where I stopped re-editing this evening. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I am hoping to find that all of yesterdays edits stuck because yesterday I made corrections on the last eighty-seven pages and I have my fingers crossed. I know that Mercury is not in retrograde right now, but I am wondering if we are near or under a full moon.

I am glad that I got at least sixty-seven pages done today and I am hoping to finish the rest of my book edits tomorrow if I can. Actually, I am glad that I checked this out this morning because I would have unknowingly turned in a book without all of the edits. I guess it is a blessing in disguise.

This afternoon Lisa, Matt and Meghan came out to the rescue ranch to walk our dogs and they brought two new volunteers with them! Tired of re-correcting the pages in my book I took a much needed break and went outside to thank and visit with them and I am glad that I did because they had me laughing from the get-go and I really needed something to laugh about. Thank y'all!

Kinky is returning to the ranch tomorrow afternoon and I am looking forward to seeing him. This evening he told me  that the Dallas Morning News article came out today and he said it was great and he has a copy to give to me tomorrow and I can't wait to read it. It is now a little past eight o'clock and I am going to bed because I am going to have a very busy day tomorrow. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I didn't loose yesterdays edits.

Y'all have a great evening!


Roger said...

I feel your pain on this computer problem, hope you get it worked out. Ask those young helpers, they grew up with this stuff. I'm going to try to find Kinkys article in the Dallas paper, might be kinda tough since I have no idea what it's about...

Roger said...

This is the article in the Dallas newspaper, be sure and watch the video. Good job Kinky, it'll be interesting.