Friday, April 17, 2009

The Way He Were!

This morning it started raining before six o'clock! While Tony was in Medina, drinking coffee with his friends, I fed our menagerie, and then did some paperwork, and was caught up with it by the time Tony got home!

I fixed breakfast for Tony, Aaron, Ben and me. The guys had eggs, beans and hash browned potatoes, and we all drank smoothies, while it continued to rain outside! "Ben, did you watch Marley and Me last night?"

"Sorta, Nance," Ben replied. "I first watched the documentary on the Grateful Dawg..."

"Didn't you love it!" I interrupted.

"Yes, I did. David Grisman and Jerry Garcia were incredible..."

"So what about Marley?" I interrupted, again.

"I started watching it, and got tired, so I didn't watch the ending. I wasn't in the mood to cry," Ben said, followed by a laugh. After breakfast the guys went outside to work, while T. and I covered up all of the plants in the garden—so if it hailed, our plants would be safe. Fortunately, it never hailed today.

After helping Tony in the garden, I walked five miles, inside the trailer.

Around eleven-thirty Kinky called. "Nance, is everything okay at the ranch? I've seen a weather forecast and it looks like y'all are having some super storms."

"We're fine Kink and so far, we have received over a half of an inch of rain! Where are you?"

"We were in Fort Worth last night, and now I am in Dallas to do another cigar promotion."

"How was Fort Worth?" I asked, hoping that he loved that city as much as I do.

"Fort Worth was great! I always enjoy going there..."

At twelve-thirty, I fixed lunch for the four of us and the guys loved it! They ate all of their vegetables, too ! We're talking sauteed onion, yam, bell pepper, carrot, and zucchini, along with a salad made up of radishes, carrots and kale.

This afternoon, as big puddles were forming outside—I feng shui-ed my office! It took me over thirty minutes, and I am so glad that I did, because I found some of my lost pictures! When I found them inside a folder, where they should not have been, I sat down at my desk and smiled as I looked at them.

Several of them were taken at my mini-ranch in Utopia. There were pictures of Yoda, Chili, Thunder, Little Girl, Hank and Mr. Magoo, swimming and playing in my big stock tank. There were also a few of Thunder, with our duck, Kathy. The dogs all looked so young and happy. I figure that I must have taken them back in 1996 or '97. Tony loved looking at them, and I can't wait to show them to Kinky! He will love the ones of Gooie!

I then put those pictures where they belonged, and that's when I found some pictures of Tony and me, that our friend Andy Reisberg, from Dallas, had taken of us, on July 8, 2005! Laugh out loud, I was bigger than a barn, back then, so I am not going to show you my picture, but I am going to show you Tony's! I absolutely love it! In fact, I think that I am going to get a poster made of it, and hang it in the Space Ship! Y'all have a great evening!

Am I lucky or what!

P.S. This evening, I asked Ben if he had returned Marley and Me, and his answer was no—he had forgotten. "It's no big deal, I need to go over to the Lodge, to check on Perky, and I will get it."

"No Nancy," Aaron said. "I'll watch it tonight. I need a good cry!" We all laughed!

1 comment:

Simply Cindy Lou said...

Thats a great picture of Tony