Sunday, May 12, 2013

When You Have To Go—You Have To Go!

Today has been great. This morning after Tony and I did our daily chores outside, we came back inside The Cabin. In no time flat we realized that we had to go to the H-E-B, in Kerrville, even though we had planned to stay home. So I could to try to finish writing my second novella and Tony could work in his garden and take pictures. In other words, we were both disappointed about having to go to Kerrville, but when you have to go—you have to go.

As Tony drove us to Kerrville, in Trigger, I decided to make a full blown shopping list, so we would not have to buy groceries again, for several more days.

When we entered the big H-E-B, on Main Street, we were ready to speed shop. Tony pushed our grocery cart behind me, so I could quickly navigate my way around the store to get this and that. In our shopping cart I put in: 18 count adult under pads for Toto's personal problem, 50 feet of Reynolds heavy duty aluminum foil, H-E-B's lemon scented disinfectant wipes, a bottle of bleach, a bottle of Coffee- Mate's French Vanilla, a jug of 2% milk, Scott 8-count paper towels, because I had a seventy-five cent off coupon, a box of butter, orange juice, wine, beer, jar of Parmesan cheese, a brick of sharp cheddar cheese, bags of frozen Brussels sprouts, frozen okra, frozen peas, a loaf of 7 grain bread, a bottle of organic maple syrup, a bottle of Kraft's Catalina dressing, one can of ranch style beans, V&V smoked jalapeno sausage, ground beef, bag of large frozen shrimp, box of mushrooms, a bag of angle hair cabbage, an onion, four bananas, one ripened avocado, small sack of Frito's and few other things.

We got back home around 12:47, so we quickly unpacked our grocery bags, so I could fix lunch for Tony and me, before Karon and the kids from the Medina Children's Home, came over at 2:00, to walk our dogs for us. But before I started preparing Cousin Nancy's Taco Salad, I picked up my camera and took a picture of the item that forced us to have to go to Kerrville in the first place. Then I put it up.

Tony loves my taco salad as much as I do and here is my recipe:

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef cooked and seasoned with a packet of taco seasoning
1 can of drained and washed ranch style beans
1/4 cup of crushed Frito's
1 bag of angel hair cabbage
1/2 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 avocado thinly sliced
1/4 cup of diced onion
1/2 bottle of Catalina dressing

In a large bowl add the above ingredients and mix them together. Serve immediately and enjoy!

And that is about it for tonight, but before I finish writing this, I want you to see the picture that I took, earlier today, of the item that made us have to go to Kerrville today, because we were completely out of it.


Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: