Saturday, May 4, 2013

Our Bread!

Today has been great and so was Thursday and Friday. Thursday morning, my family arrived right around 11:00 and that's when all of the fun began.

We mainly stayed inside The Cabin, because it was cold and really windy outside. After we had talked about the unusual cold weather we sipped our coffees and caught up with each others latest news. I bragged to them about Topper, our new mattress top that we purchased in March and Old Blue, our new 50% wool blanket.

They loved Old Blue, but after showing them Topper and getting them to take turns laying down on our bed to feel how comfortable it was. When Ronnie got off of our bed he declared, "That's absolutely amazing..." Then he told us about the new carbon steel frying pans he had just purchased and how much he loved them. "And they're real cheap too, Nance," he said. So I immediately wrote carbon steel pans on my reminder writing pad, so I wouldn't forget to check them out later.

Before we went up to Koyote Ranch for lunch, I showed off my pink, Daisy Red Ryder BB rifle and they couldn't quit laughing and wouldn't quit teasing me about it. "Y'all, I had to buy it, because in my second novella I am advised to buy a weapon for my protection and because I have never touched a gun or a rifle, I needed it, so I would know what I was talking about." Then I grabbed one of Tony's cold beers out of the refrigerator and said, "Let's go outside and see who can hit the can first."

As we were putting on our jackets, Ronnie laughed and joked, "It's so dang windy outside, I bet the wind will blow the BBs back at us."

On our first shots Ronnie, Ray, Tony and I missed the can, but Cindy didn't and she was thrilled about watching Tony's beer spew out of the can. Three minutes later everyone had hit the can several times, so we came back inside and joked about the wind not blowing the BBs back towards us and putting one of our eyes out.

After we ate a delicious lunch at Koyote, we came back home. "Let's play some music," I said. Ronnie grabbed his banjo, Ray pulled his dulcimer out of its case, as I was opening up my guitar case. We jammed for about an hour and I really enjoyed playing some old tunes with them. Then it was adios-time, so we hugged each other. To say the least, I had a blast being with my family.

Yesterday afternoon, Ronnie called me. "Nance, I just bought a mattress topper!..."

"That's great. I just got on line and bought a 6", 9" and 12" carbon steel pans just like yours! I couldn't believe how cheap they were and did you notice that they are Made In USA?..."

Today has been quiet. Brandon came out to work today, so I stayed inside and did some paperwork before cooking us lunch. After lunch, I went to The Wine Cellar, our bedroom closet, to get the bread machine. After sitting it on top of our crowded kitchen counter I asked Tony to please help me program the bread machine. While I opened up a box of pre-measured bread mix. Brandon read the setting instructions off of the box to help Tony and when Tony started the bread machine he joked, "If the sour dough bread comes out perfect—I made it."

"No," I said. "The three of us made the bread. It is our bread. Then Brandon took a one hour break, so he and I could pick and grin.

Three hours later, the bread was ready and it turned out perfect, so Tony went outside to invite Brandon to come inside and eat some bread with us. While he was gone I took this picture of our perfect loaf of bread, which turned out to be delicious, too.

And that is about it for tonight, because I am going to go take a short nap with Belle and Roy. (Note: Roy's hind legs are resting on top of Belle's shoulder.)

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: