Thursday, May 16, 2013

Lulu!

Today has been great and so was yesterday. Late Tuesday afternoon after taking a sleepless nap with our dogs, Hazel and I quickly cleaned the trailer. Because our friend, "Rick, The Friendly Lighthouse Keeper," had called earlier to ask if he could come spend a few days with us. We were thrilled, so of course we said yes.

Rick arrived a little after 4:00 and our fun began. Yesterday morning after cooking a big breakfast for us, Rick told us that he wanted to treat us to lunch in Kerrville. We told Rick about how much we loved El Sol de Mexico, so after all of the chores were done and we had cleaned up, we jumped into Buttermilk and went to our favorite Mexican food restaurant, before running a few errands.

Rick loved El Sol de Mexico's delicious food, too. He and I ordered their #26 and Tony ordered their #27. And because I was so full, Rick ended up eating my puffy taco, but he was too full to eat my cheese enchilada.

After lunch we ran a few errands and then we came home. Around 4:00, Karen brought over Brandon, Sophia, Natalia and Elle, from the Medina Children's Home, so they could walk our dogs. And our friend Simone, from Amsterdam, who was visiting Kinky and us showed up too, so she could walk our dogs with the kids.

Needless to say, our dogs love these great kids and we all had a fun time watching our dogs swim and romp.

After the kids left, Rick, Tony and I had a happy hour, while I cooked Rick a peach cobbler to take back with him. Then we called it an early night.

This morning Tony woke me up at 6:00, so I could do The Harley Show at 7:45. Rick, Tony and I drank some coffee, before he and Tony took off, for The Old Timer, to drink some more coffee with Tony's friends, because Rick really enjoys doing that when he is here.

Lulu was Harley's Pet of the Week and I had fun doing his popular radio show this morning. Lulu is about ten-years-old and she is a sweetheart.


Rick adios-ed Tony, at The Old Timer and took off for Port Aransas. We really enjoyed his fun visit as always. After we did our chores this morning, I returned e-mails, phone calls and did the middle-of-the-month paperwork for several hours and then I worked on my novella. And that is about it for today, because I am tired from sitting in front of my laptop.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: