Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Please Pass Me The Poop!

Today has been great and I started my morning laughing, because of Jim "The Mineral Man's" funny e-mail. He had read my blog last night about the "Colorado Creep" and Roy and The Friedmans' barking all night long and Linda and I thinking that it must have been coyotes in the area. Jim wrote:

You have more patience than I would have had with the dude from Colorado. Sure you don't have Bigfoot running around in your neighborhood? See you Friday.

I love the thought of having Bigfoot running around out here instead of coyotes. In fact, I know for a fact that Big Foot (Wallace) actually did run around out here, because he lived in a small, log cabin, just a few miles away from here and Wallace Creek, that runs through Echo Hill Ranch, is named after Big Foot. So whether it is Bigfoot or the ghost of Big Foot—it would be really cool.

Late this morning after doing the chores outside, Tony, Little Debbie and I took off for Kerrville. Our first stop was at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic and Little Debbie was a little bit nervous at first, so Tony held her in his arms. And within minutes Little Debbie settled in and she seemed to enjoy watching all of the people and their dogs coming in and going out.





After we dropped Little Debbie off, to get her bad eye examined, because it seemed to be causing her pain, we went down the road to Randy's & Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant to eat lunch. 


After a delicious lunch, we darted across the road to Home Depot, because we needed to purchase more trash bags. 



Then we went, across town, to one of our favorite stores, in Kerrville. "Hi, Cousin Nancy and Tony! We haven't seen y'all in a long time," Kevin Pillow teased. "Marguerite, Nancy and Tony are here."

"Hi y'all. I'll be with you in just a minute," Marguerite said, as she rang up a sale of some bird seed, on the cash register.

"Can I help you find anything?" Kevin asked.

"Nope," I said. "Kevin, I know exactly what I want and where it is." Then I went over to their cool, Solar Firefly Lantern display and I was shocked to see about half of the lanterns gone since yesterday. "I want to buy another Solar Firefly Lantern. I love these things."

"So does everyone else. They are selling like hotcakes," Kevin explained. "We've got plenty of them in stock and we've already had to restock the display twice today...." 

While Tony was checking out their books I told Marguerite about having to take Little Debbie to Hoegemeyers, to get her eye checked. "I am pretty sure that they are going to have to remove her eye," I said. "The last few days it has seemed to bother her a lot and it is getting smaller." Then Marguerite told me about her experience when she adopted Odi from us, right after he had his bad eye removed.

A few minutes later, while Marguerite was ringing up our stuff, a nice woman, in the store, over heard me raving about how much I loved the Firefly Lanterns and she walked up to the counter to look at mine. "These are the coolest solar lanterns," I said to her. "At night it looks just like there are real fireflies inside..."

"Where are they?" she asked. "I didn't see them when I was browsing around." And before Kevin or Marguerite could answer, I said, "They are right over here. Follow me." The minute the woman saw the display she grabbed a lantern to buy and she seemed real excited about buying it. In fact, I was real excited about her buying it, too.

When I returned to the Wild Birds Unlimited counter to sign my credit card receipt, Tony started laughing about them selling poop and having a sample platter, on the counter. "Yes, we have all kinds of Poop!" Kevin jokingly bragged. "And we even have Armadillo Poop, too."


"Is it real poop?" I asked, because I hadn't noticed the cute display, yet. That made them laugh.

"No," Marguerite said. "It is chocolate nut toffee and it is so delicious."

"Marguerite, give them a free sack of poop to take home," Kevin said. "Consider it a small gift." We all started laughing.

"Wow!" I joked. "This is the first time that anyone has ever given us a sack of poop and called it a gift. And because it's free it is a perfect present! Thank you, Kevin. Tony, do we have great friends or what?"

On our way back home, after buying more dog food, at the big H-E-B, Tony chuckled and said, "Please pass me the poop." And to say the least, "The Armadillo Poop is totally delicious."



Early this evening I spoke on the phone with Dr. Rydberg about Little Debbie's bad eye and we decided that it was best for her to remove the eye. We are sick about it, but it is the best thing to do. Tomorrow she will have the eye surgery and Friday, we will be able to bring her back home with us. I am missing her not being here and I keep catching myself looking over at the floor vent, near the kitchen table, that she is always sleeping on. And I know that Tony, Alice, Beau, Belle and Roy are also missing her too. And that is about it for tonight. I'm pooped and tonight I plan to eat some Poop while researching Bigfoot and Big Foot before going to bed early.

Y'all have a great evening!

4 comments:

Fay said...

Wee Lassie, Ranger and I are sending healing energy to your wee lassie, Little Debbie! She will feel better and adapt quickly, I'm sure of it. xxoo

Anonymous said...

just ordered one of those lanterns! thanks for your great blogging and great care for dogs. cathie

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay, thank y'all for sending healing energy to my (our) Little Debbie. Even though y'all are up there in Canada I am sure that she is receiving it. I am missing her so much and cannot wait to pick her up tomorrow.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Cathie! That is so cool that you bought a lantern. Seriously, you're going to love it!