Thursday, January 22, 2015

Funerals! or Blue Healer! or Tree Hugger! or Nowhere To Hide!

Today has been great, even though it has been another dreary day outside. As you know this kind of weather always mildly depresses me. So this afternoon while I was thinking about what I could write about for tonight's post, that would be upbeat and not bring people down, I decided to write about funerals. And I'm betting that you just chuckled, because I just laughed out loud.

A couple of days ago when our good friend Linda was over here eating lunch with us, we talked about nearly everything under the sun. While she and I were talking about our favorite parts in the book Wild the subject of funerals came up. We agreed that funeral costs are ridiculously expensive and then I found out that she, like Tony and me, wants to be cremated—when the good Lord honks our horn.

When Tony and I were eating Linda's delicious, homemade, chocolate cake for dessert, Linda told us about her taking a tour of a crematorium and it was very interesting, because I learned some things I didn't know about cremation and Texas law.

Anyway, after Linda went back over to the Lodge, to babysit The Friedmans and finish reading Wild Tony and I jumped into Trigger and took off to get our mail and then go to Kerrville to run a few errands. When we were going over the pass, I opened up a green colored letter addressed to me and I burst out laughing. "What?" Tony asked.

"I can't believe that we were just talking about funeral costs and then I get this life insurance offer telling me that I might quality for their Funeral Advantage Program. It's just too weird." Tony laughed.


This afternoon while I was checking my e-mail I got a note from my good friend Mari. She's into juicing too and she also has The Big Book of Juices too. In her note she asked me if I had checked out juice #275 in the book. So, I checked it out. I love the name "blue healer" and it looks delicious, too.




When I was fixin' to write Mari and tell her I wanted to try it, I saw a beautiful doe laying down beyond our backyard fence—so I shot it through the blinds, using my camera. (2nd blind at the top.)


After I'd checked all of my e-mail, I checked our snail mail to find that Rick, in Nicaragua, had sent us a Nicaraguan Tree Hugger ecotourism map, that had used three of Rick's photos. The butterfly, the dancer and a hummingbird and his pictures are great.



Then Tony walks into the kitchen and says, "The birds have found your new feeder." So I grabbed my camera and shot them, too. 



Then I started washing some dishes, in the sink. And that's when I glanced over to the television and saw Rambam on it and I couldn't believe it. Then I realized that our DVD recorder was automatically recording one of his great crime solving shows. So I picked up my camera once again and this time I shot our good friend Rambam, on the ID Channel, Investigation Discovery channel, on Directv's Channel 285.


Early this evening Dr. Rydberg called to let me know that Little Debbie had her eye surgery and it went well and for us to call them around 10:00, in the morning to see if we can pick her up and finally bring her home. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can bring her home, because I am missing my little buddy so much. And that is all of the exciting news for today. I hope that the sun comes out tomorrow.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: