Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Don't Count On Us!

Today has been another great one for me! This morning I walked six fast miles with the Sansone Squad, then Kinky called me, because he was concerned about Mr. Magoo not feeling well. After I had showered and dressed, Kinky called me, again. "I'm leaving Austin, now," Kinky said. "What do you think I should do about Magoo?"

"I think he needs to go to the vet, and get some laxatives, Kink. His tail is still wagging, but he's not walking right. Tony and I have to go to Kerrville this morning to buy some dog food, and we could take Gooie in with us and drop him off at Hoegemeyer's if you want us to."

"I don't know, Nance. Goo really hates going to the clinic..."

At ten-thirty, Buttermilk took T. and me over to the Lodge to pick up Mr. Magoo. Ten miles from Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, I called Kinky from my cell phone. "Kinky, we're about ten minutes from Hoegemeyers. Gooie is in the backseat and wagging his tail."

"Great! I'm about fifteen minutes away from Kerrville. I'll meet y'all at Hoegemeyer's. Thank you and Tony, for bringing Gooie in for me."

After we hung up, I punched in Wolfmueller's Book phone number. "Wolfmueller's Books. This is Mary Jo."

"Hi, Mary Jo. This is Nancy. Are Jon and Sandy around?"

"Jon is, but he is with a customer. Give me your number and I will have him call you back in a few minutes."

"I can't, because I don't know my cell phone number. I'll call back in a few minutes. Bye." A few minutes later, as we passed by Albertson's, I called Wolfmueller's, again and Jon answered the phone. "Hi Jon, it's Nancy."

"I know," John said.

"We're heading to Hoegemeyer's to drop off Mr. Magoo, and we were wondering if Sandy and you wanted to eat lunch with us at Francisco's? Kinky might be joining us, too."

"Mary Jo and I were right. We figured that was what you were calling about. Sandy is not here, and my brother and his wife, from Oregon, are down here visiting us, and they are eating lunch with us today, and I don't know what their plans are or where they want to go eat. They are running late, too. So, don't count on us."

When we pulled into Hoegemeyer's parking lot, Gooie seemed fine and jumped out of the Explorer and followed us into the clinic, which was full of people with their best friends, needing to see the doctors. As we were explaining to Susan Kelley why we were there—Kinky walked into the clinic, and Goo was so happy to see him!

After Kinky bent down and kissed Goo-man, he spoke with Susan about his fourteen year old dog. Susan suggested that we leave Mr. Magoo at the clinic, so Dr. Rydberg could check him out and suggested that Kinky come back in an hour. The three of us went outside to our vehicles and discussed having lunch, even though Kinky wasn't hungry. Then we took off.

When we got to Wolfmueller's Books, Mary Jo was there, and she told us that Sandy and Jon had left in their van, to go eat lunch somewhere, so we walked out of the bookstore, and headed down the block to eat at Francisco's. Halfway there we saw Kinky walking towards us! Kinky joined us for lunch, but he didn't eat. Our meals were delicious and Kinky and I talked about the books that we are self-publishing.

After lunch, the three of us walked back to Wolfmueller's. Jon and Mary Jo were the only ones there—then the bookstore's population began to swell rapidly. In no time at all, Jon's younger brother, Chuck, came in, then Sandy, then Chuck's wife, Allenda. A few minutes later, Kathleen Keen, Robert Earl's sweet wife, entered the bookstore from the rear door, while Ridge came through the front door!

After a few introductions, we all started visiting with one another! Sandy showed us some hilarious pictures in a Mount Everest book, Kathleen told us some really funny Robert Earl stories, and we talked about how much all of us loved Miles of Chocolate, etc.! Twenty minutes later, the fun unplanned party ended, and we all went our separate ways.

When Tony and I drove into the rescue ranch—Paul McCartney was back in his old pen, and there was a note stuck under's Trigger's windshield wiper! The couple's note basically said that Paul had eaten their two-thousand dollar dining table, and they could not afford Paul's expensive tastes.

Mr. Magoo is doing fine, and he is back at the ranch! Y'all have a great evening!

P.S. I was able to spend three hours today on my book! And, I am already halfway there!


DY_Goddess said...

Nancy writes "The couple's note basically said that Paul had eaten their two-thousand dollar dining table, and they could not afford Paul's expensive tastes."

Man, I hate when that happens!Could have been worse tho, they could have adopted Heather Mills ; ))

Kris and I had a scary morning, we were out at the pond early this morning and two dogs off leash charged at us, teeth bared and snarling. A big black dog, (he had 10 lbs on my boy!) went after Kris and the yellow dog circled around on my side. I was so scared, but my Big Boy took care of business. He stood up and body slammed the big black dog and it backed off yelping, and then Kris swung around between me and the two dogs so fast and the yellow dog backed right off. By then the owner had arrived and was saying "I'm sorry!" over and over again. Man, I was shaking, it was really scary. I felt stupid because I just couldn't say anything, I was paralyzed! Kris just stood his ground and I was so proud of him. He just defended us and didn't leave my side. Good to know I have a best friend, but really, I already knew that ; ))

Glad that Mr. Magoo is ok! Good friends like that are hard to find and harder to keep.

cousin nancy said...

OMG Fay! Good grief! I bet you were scared to death with those dogs ganging up on you and Kris! I am so glad that Kris protected you and neither of you got hurt! Back in 1986, I had taken Bear, my Great Pyrenees for a walk in my neighborhood, when five or six big dogs, Rottweiler, German Shepherd, Newfoundland I can't remember the others, suddenly showed up, circled us, started snarling and trying to nip at us. I was scared to death, when suddenly this car pulls up and this woman tells me to get into her car, now! I opened the back seat door and Bear and I jumped in! The woman drove me back to my house and let us out. I thanked her and then she drove away, and that's when I nearly collapsed, because I realized what could have happened! I felt like she was a guardian angel. I am so glad that y'all are okay! Hugs to you both!