Thursday, January 22, 2009

Harley And Me!

This morning, I woke up at six o’clock, with a sore back. I was so glad that it was just sore, and not out! After feeding our dogs and three-legged cat, I sat down at the kitchen table, opened up my laptop, and then went—online. I went to utopiarescue. com first, to see which dog was going to be ‘Harley’s Pet of the Week!’ It was Christy Brinkley’s turn!

Next, I went to roseradio999.com/the_harley_Show_live.html and my jaw dropped! There was Harley sitting in the studio, talking away and being funny—and moving! I loved it!

Earlier this week, Tony and I had dropped by The Rose new location to see Harley, but he wasn’t there, but his better half, Becky, was! Harley’s wife, Becky, is a sweetheart! She gave Tone and me a full tour of the radio station, and before leaving, she told us that they are now web casting during Harley’s morning radio show—The Harley Show! And, that is why, I went to The Rose site this morning.

As I started fixing Tony’s and my breakfast, I enjoyed listening and watching Harley live! I’ve seen plenty of web casts before, but seeing my friend, doing his show live from the radio station, was too much fun! I listened and watched Harley, up until 7:44, then I muted the sound, picked up the phone, and punched in Harley’s phone number.

“Good morning Cousin Nancy! How are you doing today?”

“Hi Harley. I’m good and I’m doing bad, today,” I said, as I watched Harley with his headset on his head.

“What’s bad?” Harley asked.

“First, let me tell you the good news. Harley, I’m standing here, in the kitchen, watching you on my computer! That is so cool! Please wave at me.” Harley waved and waved and waved! And, it made me laugh! “I like that yellow shirt that you’re wearing, too.”

“Thank you Nancy,” Harley said. “Wow! My meter here, just jumped up, and it shows that a number of people have just come online, to watch The Harley Show web cast! That’s amazing! “Now, Cousin Nancy, tell me about your bad news.”

“The bad news is—my back is trying to go out on me...”

Harley and I talked about my back trouble, Christy Brinkley, our calendar giveaways, that he is doing, how Ben was doing, and Miles of Chocolate, and a few other things, then our conversation returned to his live show being web cast, again! “Harley, I love your live cast. Real soon, I’m going to get Kinky, Ben and Tony, to come down to the station with me, so the four of us can do your show live. How does that sound?”

I watched Harley give me a thumbs up, and say, “That sounds like it would be a lot of fun...” Then T. arrived, and he and I watched Harley as we ate and drank our breakfast! Tony loved it as much as I did!

This afternoon, Kinky and I had an appointment to meet with Geir Loe—to be interviewed, for some Scandinavian newspapers and magazines! At 1:30, Geir arrived, and went to the Lodge first, to interview Kinky. A little while later, Mr. Green Jeans, took Kinky and Geir over to the rescue ranch. After greetings and handshakes, Kinky said, “Nance, who is that man, back there with Tony?”

“The man is bringing Sam back to us, because his wife has just had some serious back surgery, and they are afraid, Sam might jump up on her. I’m not real sure which Sam it is, but the man told me that they had adopted him, over a year ago from us, and he is a black Labrador mix.” After that, the three of us went into Outer Space!

Before interviewing me, Geir and I visited a little while with Kinky. I liked Geir. He was a nice pleasant man, constantly smiling, and I loved listening to his Scandinavian accent. Tony then showed up in Outer Space, and the four of us visited a little longer. “I love Texas, and I vish I vere a cowboy,” Geir said, making his w’s sound like v’s. I loved it! For a second there, I thought about having a roping contest with Geir, but I decided not to, because of my aching back.

Kinky had to get back to the Lodge. “Nance, will you bring Geir back over to the Lodge, when y’all are done?” I told him that I would, then Kinky left Outer Space.

After a fun interview with Geir, we three left Outer Space, so Tone and I could give him a tour of the rescue ranch. We started over by the pig pen, then a man pulls up in his truck. He wanted to look at our dogs, and to possibly adopt one. I didn’t catch his name, but I invited him to join us for a tour.

Geir took many pictures of our dogs, petted them and talked to them, and our dogs loved it! We finished the tour with our great big dog, Mr. Ziffel, and Geir fell in love with him, as does everyone that comes out here. Then Kermit took Geir and me over to the Lodge to see Kinky.

Right off the bat, Kinky challenged Geir to an international game of pool! The game was fun to watch, because they both were evenly matched, and shooting at their best—until the Hummingbird Man, unfortunately, sank his eight ball into the wrong side pocket! (Just like he did with me, the other day!)

At 3:30, it was time for Geir to leave, so we went out front and took pictures, before his departure. Geir told me that he would send us copies of his articles, as soon as they were published—and I can’t wait to read them!

After Geir left, I returned to the rescue ranch and returned some phone calls. Around four o’clock, I went to my laptop, and decided to add a new link to my blog. As y’all well know, I am not a computer geek, unfortunately, but I did figure it out. On the right hand side, at the top of this page, I have added the link to The Harley Show, for anyone interested in listening and watching Harley and me on Thursday mornings at 7:45. I hope that y’all will check it out, and leave a comment, telling me where you watched it from! Here are some pictures that Tone took of Geir and me, and me—shooting Kinky and Geir! Y’all have a great evening, and thank you for reading my blog!


8 comments:

Judy Green said...

Hi Nancy! I followed the link you posted to the Harley show and it said "Off Air". Anyway, I was TRYING to listen from Las Vegas, Nevada. Have a great weekend (and please tell Kinky hello from me...) Judy

cousin nancy said...

Hey Jude! It is good to hear from you! The web cast is between seven to nine o'clock, Monday through Fridays. Thursdays at 7:45 is when I call Harley. I hope that you will try again. And, I will tell Kinky you said hello.

DY_Goddess said...

Nancy, your workouts are really working! You're looking really trim these days!

Woody said...

Nancy you look thinner! Your organic diet seems to be paying off!!! I better get started on it too. 8^)

cousin nancy said...

Good morning Fay! Thank you for the compliment! I agree, three miles a day, has really helped me shed some pounds. Have a great weekend!

cousin nancy said...

Howdy Woody! I sure hope that you and Rose are doing great! T. and I send y'all are love! I have lost some lbs. thank goodness, and I am happy to announce that I am fixin' to buy some smaller sized jeans! I am not on a diet. That Vita-Mix machine literally changed my life! Smaller portions, exercise and eating only organic food is how I did it! Thank you for the comment!

Anonymous said...

Dear Cousin Nancy, Tony, Kinky, Arron and Ben

We are now at our new home with our new mom. I think she likes us! A lot! We had treats when we got here and she has a really neat sofa that we get to sleep on. We don't know where she goes at night. She disappears somewhere in the back and we haven't been brave enough to follow her back there yet. But one of these days, we will!

We were afraid she might not keep us though. She took our leashes off when we were in the truck and when we stopped and she got us out, we both went crazy checking everything out. We ran all over the place and wouldn't let her catch us. A neighbor came over and said we were really cute. The neighbor has a dog just like us, but we haven't met him yet.

We got a BATH too! I look really pretty all clean and white. Max looks the same but he sure smells better!

She also has a CAT! I barked at her and she ran. Max whined. He's such a baby! We haven't made friends yet, but I think we will.

Our new mom sits on the sofa with us and we have a "love fest". We are being really good because we like the "love fests" and being hugged so much.

Thank you for taking care of us while we were at the ranch and finding us a new home.

Muffy and Max

PS: We're not crazy about these stair things though! Our legs are so short we have a hard time going up and down, but we're learning!

Judy Green said...

I was an early bird and got to listen to the Harley show...and really enjoyed it! Thanks, Nancy! You're looking mighty good...AND you're inspiring me to stay on my Gazelle just a little bit longer - lol!