Monday, September 9, 2013

Weather Or Not!

Saturday was a great day, even though the nice man and his family never showed up to adopt Tuesday Weld, but no worries, because Tuesday likes it here. Late afternoon, Tony and I went over to Carol's ranch for a fun visit with her and her long time friend, Debbie, visiting her from Big D.

We had to leave Carol's at 6:45, because we needed to give Abbie her 7:00 pain pills. After I gave Abbie her pills, Tony came down the hallway to tell me that Direct TV was giving away a free weekend of HBO and that the movie Argo had just started, so I switched channels, so I could watch it.

I loved Argo or at least what I got to watch of it, because four different times during the movie, I had to unplug, because of short term thunderstorms. I unplugged at 7:53. I plugged back in at 8:13, but had to unplug again at 8:25, where some one or President Carter had to approve the airline tickets for the hostages. At 8:33, the sky was dancing with lightning again, as Ben Affleck and the hostages were trying to board the Swiss Air plane and then I got to watch the final four minutes of the movie, which blew me away. So, I plan to purchase Argo, so weather or not, I can watch the entire movie without any interruptions.

Yesterday afternoon, Carol and Deb came over. Before we went over to visit with Kinky and Dylan, Carol begged to see Tony's semi-famous plastic binoculars. When she slipped them on, like Jim had done on Friday, she got dizzy, too. She tried adjusting them and then she quickly removed them. And that is all that I can reveal, because I am still laughing about it.

When we arrived at Kinky's Lodge, we went out to his porch, for a fun visit. Deb, an ex-camper at Echo Hill, had an enjoyable visit with Dylan, talking about her four fabulous years at camp and they talked non-stop about ex-campers they knew, while Kinky, Brandon, Carol and I sat in rocking chairs, trading funny stories. Before leaving, Kinky gave Carol, Deb and me copies of his latest CDs, that have just come out. They are great and are available on Amazon.


An hour later, we returned to the rescue ranch and started to have a fun visit, in Outer Space, while Tony's camera club arrived. They had planned to take nature pictures, but due to another heavy thunderstorm, they sat in my writing cabin and talked about photography.

At one point during the heavy down pour, that we were all very grateful for, I grabbed my iPod and Bose Dock System, because it goes every where with me and suggested that Carol, Deb and I continue our fun visit inside The Cabin, because the lightning strikes were making me nervous.

Once safely inside, I quickly unplugged everything and then we visited for a few more minutes, before Carol and Deb left in a hurry, to go check on Carol's dogs, Scout and Jake.

Today has been great. This morning Deb e-mailed me a couple of pictures that she took yesterday of our dogs, in Outer Space and this is my favorite one of Roy, my four-legged soul mate.


And that is about it, because Tony and I are fixin' to go over to Carol's ranch for a short, but fun visit with her and Deb, because Debbie flies back to Dallas tomorrow.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: