Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bella Sera!

Today has been great. Kinky called me this morning. He was leaving Oklahoma City and on his way to Texarkana. After we had talked about The Friedmans (His three dogs.) and The Samets (His four cats.) I told him, "Kinky, our friends Jimmie and Nelda Dunn sent me an e-mail. They will be at your show in Texarkana. Please tell them that Tony and I said howdy."

"That's great and I will tell them y'all said howdy. By the way..."

Early this afternoon, we picked up Carol, so she could ride with us to Bella Sera,  in Kerrville, to enjoy lunch with my dear friend, Mari. When Carol came out of her house she was wearing her undercover glasses and Tony and I burst out laughing. (Yesterday, Carol had suggested that it would be funny if we were wearing our undercover glasses, in the restaurant, when Mari walked in.)

When we walked inside Bella Sera, our favorite Italian restaurant, the friendly staff greeted us. "There is going to be four of us," I explained, "and we are playing a joke on our friend." After the three of us sat down at our table, Carol and I posed for Tony and the waiters and waitresses thought it was hilarious.



A few minutes later, Mari arrived and we scrambled to put our undercover glasses back on. When Mari saw us, she burst out laughing and we didn't quit laughing until we adios-ed each other, in the parking lot. Tony and I ordered Lasagnas and Mari and Carol ordered Nick's Salad with Salmon and all of us agreed that their food was absolutely delicious. 

We told jokes, Mari told us about the great time that she had at the National Cowboy Symposium, in Lubbock, what she thinks about Austin, the food in Kansas and we could not quit laughing. We talked about Carol's and my temporary tattoos, hearing aids, The NoMads winnings at the dog agility trials, Tony's and my dogs, Carol's dog, Scout, that has abnormally large paws and Tony actually got a word in edgewise and told us a very funny fish joke. To say the least, lunch was a blast even though Mari didn't notice my hair loss.

After we adios-ed Mari, we jumped into Buttermilk and headed to the pound, so we could rescue a sweet six-month-old, black, female Labrador that was very happy to see us. After Tony had loaded the pup into a crate we took off for Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic. On our short drive to the clinic we tried to come up with a name for the pup and Carol suggested Bella.

"I love the name," I said. "We'll call her Bella (Sera) since we just ate there. I wonder what sera means?"

"I know Bella means beautiful," Carol said, "but I am not sure what Sera means." Then we got out of Buttermilk and went inside Hoegemeyers to drop off Bella to get her shots, a checkup, spay, etc. 

Our next stop was at Home Depot. And our last stop was at So Fast Printing, so Tony could pick up more of his beautiful postcards to sell, because every time he prints more, they sell out quickly. Then we came back home.

Early this evening I went outside and mowed down the grass in a couple of dog pens, using the push mower, because I ate so much at lunch, I needed to burn off the extra calories. And that is about it for today.

FYI: Yesterday morning I told Brandon and Tony about them not noticing my hair loss. Brandon immediately apologized and I laughed and told him not to worry. Then Tony says, "The reason that I didn't notice your shortened ponytail is because I am always looking at your beautiful smiling face."

After I finished laughing at Tony's remark, I said, "You know that's a bunch of B.S., Tony. You can't worm your way out of this one, but I do love you anyway."

Have a Bella evening!

No comments: