Saturday, September 21, 2013

I Love Roy!

Continued...

We didn't stay long at the lighthouse island, because Rick needed to go back and take Kinky to The Gaff, for a sound check, before the scheduled 5:15 Pirate Parade. While Rick did that we shopped around Port A, looking for the funny glasses that came with thick eyebrows and a giant nose.

At one tourist trap, Carol found some temporary tattoos. "Nancy, let's play a joke on Tony. I'll buy us temporary tattoos and when we get back home, I'll tell Tony, that we got snookered and got tattooed." We started laughing.

"Yes, and I will tell him that I wanted to get a "I love Roy" tattoo, but Rick wouldn't let me." Two minutes later Carol bought a pack of five happy dolphins temporary tattoos.

At 5:00, we met up with Rick, at Giggitys Bar & Grill Restaurant, then he drove us over to a street corner, close to where the parade was to begin.

Just before the parade was to start, Carol and I had to keep ducking behind people and cars, so Kinky wouldn't see us when he was driven past us, to the front of the Pirate Parade.

When the Pirate Parade began coming our way, Kinky was busy waving to the crowd, that lined the street. Rick, who was our "Friendly Lookout Man" kept telling us to duck or hide and when Kinky neared, Rick said, "Now, get out there!"

Carol ran and I skipped to the curb's edge. We hollered, "Hi, Kinky!"

He waved to us and to the crowd and then he took a double take at us. Then a giant smile came over his face, "Nancy and Carol are here!" Then he started laughing. "I can't believe it."

As soon as Kinky and his entourage passed, we jumped into Rick's car and took off for Giggity's Bar & Grill Restaurant, because Rick knew the parade route. A minute later, when Kinky came around the corner,  Carol and I yelled, "We got you, Kinky!" Then all of us started laughing. Then we went back to the dock and jumped into the boat and Rick took us back to the island, so we could rest a little.


Around 7:00, we returned to Port A, to eat dinner at Giggity's Bar & Grill Restaurant, before going to Kinky's concert. Our fresh fish dinner was mouth-watering delicious and John, The Friendly Bartender" was a fantastic bartender. He was friendly and he had a fabulous sense of humor. He kept us laughing, throughout our dinner.

Kinky's concert, at The Gaff, was so much fun. He was great, as always and the crowd loved him. During Kinky's performance I met several nice people, who came up to meet me, because like us, they too love animals. In fact, two very nice women told me that they were coming up in November and they would make a point to come visit us and take a tour of our rescue ranch. And I am looking very forward to their visit.

Following the great concert, Rick took us back to the island. We spent the rest of the night laughing and trading tales.

Friday morning, Rick cooked us a delicious breakfast and then he took us back to Port Aransas, so we could head back home.

When we got to Bandera, Carol pulled over in Church's parking lot, so we could put on our temporary tattoos. I had to use my survival utility tool, to cut out the temporary glittery tattoos we wanted. (I knew I would need to use that tool some time.) Then we applied them to our arms, just above our wrists and then we took off, laughing.

When we arrived back safely, Tony came out to greet us and when Carol started telling him the fib, about us getting tattoos, he stopped her in mid-sentence. "Carol, I know you are lying, because Nancy would never get a tattoo, because she hates needles.

And that is about it for tonight, because I have jetlag or laugh-lag and Carol has just called me and she does, too. Just so you'll know, I rubbed my tattoo off within three hours and Carol removed hers as soon as she got back home with Jake and Scout.


Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: