Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Twins!

Today has been great, even though our air conditioner froze up for several hours. This morning after we ate breakfast, just to make sure that I had burned off the Lasagna calories I ate, at Bella Sera, I went outside and started mowing with a push mower. I mowed down the grass in Lois Lane's pen, Rufus and Roxanne's pen, Tuesday Weld and Rio's pen, Rocky's pen, an alley and Chad and Jeremy's pen.

Then I jumped on (I slowly and awkwardly climbed on with Tony's help.) Zorro, our riding lawn mower and mowed down the tall grass in Baxter and Honey's pen. Then I quit and came inside to make lunch for Brandon, Tony and me. We had Fajitas.

Then our air conditioner froze up and we turned it off and only turned on the fan to help melt the ice.

At 3:30, I went outside with my camera to take pictures of Peggy Sue, Kate Middleton, Miranda Lambert & Blake Shelton, Gretchen Wilson & Willie Nelson, to send to Pat, our fabulous webmaster, to post.

When I returned to The Cabin and downloaded the pictures, they all turned out good, except for Miranda and Blake's, because they wouldn't pose for me, because they were so happy and wanted to play with me. So tomorrow, when I find the time, I will ask Tony to help me take their pictures.

When I uploaded the pictures to Pat, she shot me back an e-mail to let me know that she can post them by this weekend and I am thrilled about it. Here is a preview of some of our newly rescued dogs, minus Blake & Miranda and Bella, because Bella is still at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic.

Gretchen Wilson, one-year-old

Kate Middleton, two-years-old 

Peggy Sue, four-years-old

Willie Nelson, six-months-old

Carol called me early this evening and we had the best laugh about the undercover pictures that Tony took of us wearing those goofy undercover glasses, at Bella Sera. She joked, "They make us look like men."

After we had quit laughing, I joked, "Yeah, men twins."

When Carol and I adio-ed each other, Tony came inside and turned on our central air conditioning system and it is working! Now Tony's happy, our dogs are happy and I am happy. So life is good sort of, because earlier today, when I went outside for a few minutes, Roy raided the trash can, so now I am fixin' to steam clean the kitchen floor.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Nancy, I really like the pictures you took of the dogs for the website!

Hopefully those pictures will bring those dogs wonderful forever homes!

Now the picture of you and Carol wearing the 'disguise glasses/nose/moustache/eyebrows' combination, well that probably won't generate any calls from would-be adopters. (I'm STILL laughing about that sight gag!)

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! I think I lucked out with the pictures of the dogs, too. I also think that Carol and I should shop around for new undercover disguises.

P.S. I am glad that you're liking my second novella so much!