Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Thank You, Daneshu! We Loved Your Class!

Today has been great and a lot of fun. This afternoon, Tony and I jumped into Trigger and took off for Kerrville, because we wanted to attend our dear friend, Daneshu Clarke's, class on "Texas Hill Country Native Plants Medicinal & Edible Resources," held at the super, great Riverside Nature Center. One of the coolest places to visit in Kerrville.


We arrived about fifteen minutes before the class started, so we got to visit with our dear friends: Lisa, Jim & Kris and Daneshu & Jim for a few minutes. And I am glad that we got there early, because it ended up being standing room only.

Daneshu is a fabulous speaker and she made it fun and interesting to learn about the abundance of the native Hill Country plants all around us that can be to used for medicinal or edible resources. And to say the least, "Tony and I learned a lot and took several pictures of her recommended book list and her interesting exhibit table."




When Daneshu's class ended she got a huge applause and it seemed like everyone wanted to speak to her, either to thank her for teaching the class or to ask her questions or to get her advice. So we hung around and visited some more with Lisa, Kris & Jim and Daneshu & Jim. Then we came back home.

And that's about it for now.

Y'all have a great evening!

3 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

So very cool that this class was offered, Nancy! About 30 years ago I took an Ethnobotany class in San Antonio. The presenter was excellent and had proved her point about 'living off the land' in San Antonio by eating only foodstuffs that she harvested or caught (fish) for one full month!

What a way to lose weight (and she did, but she felt great for doing so)!

Several of my co-workers of the time always used to say that, in the event of a catastrophic event on Earth, they wanted to hang out with me, because I would know how to feed myself and hopefully them! LOL

And yes I still use some of the information from that long ago ethnobotany class!

Anonymous said...

How fun for you all. I am going to a similar one here. What is native to our area is what we need to be looking into to thrive
Thank you .. great blog.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari and Anon! I think everyone needs to know these things and I am so glad that Tony and I went to her class.