Friday, February 5, 2016

Bangkok!

Today has been a total blast and super great. This morning, around 11:30, after all of our great friends/volunteers had walked our dogs, we went up to the Medina Highpoint's Koyote Grill to celebrate Eileen's birthday and to eat lunch together.

June and Ellen brought the cutest "Bat Cake" made by Creative Cakes By Sharon, in Kerrville and it was delicious. June and Ellen chose to use a Bat theme, because Eileen loves bats and she volunteers regularly, at the Old Tunnel State Park, a popular place to learn about Bats and view them. And Lisa also baked a chocolate, pecan-pie-cake for Eileen and it was totally delicious, too.


When we started eating lunch Eileen opened up her birthday cards and then we passed them around the table so we could all read them. Her birthday cards were so hilarious, it sounded like we were doing a laughing wave around the table over and over again. And her Bangkok/Charade card was my favorite card and I am still laughing about it and that's all that I can say about it.

After we all sang Happy Birthday to Eileen, she made a wish and blew out the flaming candles, spinning around on Lisa's pecan-pie cake. 



Before I ate my slice of Lisa's mouth-watering, chocolate, pecan-pie cake I took this picture to show  the pecan pie inside of the chocolate cake.


On our way back home Tony and I were still laughing about how much fun Eileen's birthday was and I didn't think my day could get any better. But it did—just a few minutes later!

When we stopped to pick up our mail, before going home, there was a box addressed to my from my sweet friend Jo, who also lives in Northern New Mexico, near Cindy. I had known that Jo was sending me something that she had made especially for me, since last weekend, because she had asked me for our address.

I totally love Jo's beautiful Cousin Nancy flags and here are a few pictures of the ribbon, connected flags, to show off her creative talent. And I think that I am going to have Tony help me hang it, in my pretty, pink, writing cabin, because it is over six feet long when strung out.





After I took the pictures of Jo's beautiful flags, I am thinking that today could not get any better and then the phone rang—it was Claudia, the sweet woman that came out last Tuesday morning and adopted Bonnie Raitt from us.

"Nancy, I just want to give you an update on Bonnie. She is working out beautifully and she and I are best friends. I take Bonnie on a long walk every morning around 7:30 and every afternoon she and I take a nap together. She's perfect and she loves to ride in my car with me...I cannot thank you and Tony enough for Bonnie and for what y'all do...." And to the least, her great news made me tear up, because I was so happy for Bonnie and for Claudia. 

So, Happy Birthday Eileen! Thank you Jo! And best wishes for Bonnie and Claudia! And that is about it for tonight, because Tony and I are fixin' to go take Henry on his first adventure—a hike in the woods and down to the creek.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Nancy, So glad I was able to be a part of your very good day! Kris (volunteer dog walker)

cousin nancy said...

Me too!