Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Thumping Away!

Yesterday was great, because it was a 4-H day for us. We had to go to H-E-B for groceries, Hastings, so I could buy the movie Wild, Home Depot, to buy Tony dirt and seeds, and Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, so we could pick up Ximbal aka Jack Black, so we could bring him to the rescue ranch.

Jack Black is one super cool, six-month-old Lab mix. When we first met him, in Hoegemeyer's lobby, a tiny Chihuahua snarled, snapped and growled at him and he instantly backed away wagging his tail non-stop, because he was not wanting to cause any trouble. He did great riding inside Trigger and he did not get truck-sick.

When we arrived back at the ranch, we decided to put him in Bonnie Raitt's pen aka The Okay Corral also known as the front yard of my pink, writing cabin. He and Bonnie became fast friends and since they've met all they want to do is play with each other. And as soon as I take a great picture of him I will post it.

Last night I did some more writing and then I relaxed and watched Wild, starring Reese Witherspoon, with Little Debbie and Alice sleeping on my lap. I loved the movie and I am glad that I read Cheryl Strayed's book Wild before watching the movie.

Today has been great. This afternoon we met our good friends Kris & Jim for lunch, in Kerrville or maybe it was Ingram, because it's location was too close to call.

While we had a fun lunch with Kris and The Mineral Man, I told them about pinching a nerve in my upper back a few days ago and Kris suggested that I go to H-E-B to buy IcyHot's Smart Relief Tens Therapy for back pain therapy. "She told me, "It is a battery control unit with a reusable electrode pad, about the size of a small remote and it really works..."

So after our super fun lunch, we went straight, down the Junction Highway, to the big H-E-B, so I could buy this highly recommended product.

Then we came back home. After Tony carefully read the IcyHot package instructions he stood behind me and stuck it, to my upper back, and then he says, "Tell me when it hurts."

"What?!" I snap back. "It's not supposed to hurt. It's supposed to help. What are you doing back there?"

He started laughing and then he finally says, "It has 63 intensity levels. Tell me when you can feel it." A few seconds later, after he had kept pressing the "+" button, I felt it thumping away. It was like someone was gently tapping their fingers, on my back.

"Okay, I can feel it, Tony. That's enough." Tony chuckled and continued to press the "+" button a few more times, before he finally stopped. Then I went and laid down on our bed—face first, with our dogs snuggling up against me.

Thirty minutes later after the first session, it automatically shut-off the thumping therapy and believe it or not my back pain was totally gone! And as I finish writing this tonight, I am still feeling no pain. "Thank you, Kris! I love it!"

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: