Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Fall Trail Ride! or Nancy J. Bailey Rules!

Today has been great. This afternoon, my new friend, Nancy J. Bailey, an extremely talented author, who wrote the fabulous book The North Side Of Down: A True Story Of Two Sisters sent me a package.

After I asked Tony to please open up the box for me, because I was checking our other mail, he asked, "What do you think it is?"

"It's that great book that Eileen gave to me. I enjoyed reading the book so much, Eileen gave me Nancy's address, so I could send it back to Nancy, for her to sign to me."

When Tony opened up the box, there was my book or should I say Nancy's fabulous book "that you can't put down."


As I looked to the page to see what Nancy had written, Tony says, "There's more." Then he pulled out this beautiful 11"x15" watercolor that she had painted and I loved it, because when I had first checked out Nancy J. Bailey's beautiful art, months ago—this watercolor was titled, "Fall Trail Ride" and it was instantly my very favorite painting. In fact, this painting spoke to me so much that I had even blogged about how much I loved her "Fall Trail Ride" watercolor.

When Tony first showed it to me, still wrapped inside its protective cover, I assumed that it was a signed print and I was absolutely thrilled about receiving it and I could not wait to get it framed. But when I removed it from the protective cover to admire it some more— I almost fainted, because it was not a signed print. It was her signed, original watercolor! "Omg, Tony! I can't believe that Nancy gave her beautiful painting to me!" Then I started to tear up, because I was so touched by this awesome watercolor and her kindness to me. To check out more of Nancy J. Bailey's beautiful artwork please click here.


"It really is beautiful, Nance and there's a more thing she sent." Then he pulled out a sample package of Wysong Biscuits dog treats. So I took this picture of it and then Tony opened up the sample package and fed the dog treats to our four legged family and they absolutely loved them. So, we plan to order them some more, because our dogs loved them and they are MADE IN USA, family owned and operated organization. And Nancy J. Bailey recommends them.

Before I finish writing this tonight I want to do a big shout out to one very multi-talented woman. "Thank you so very much, Nancy! I love what you wrote to me in the book, too! Nancy J. Bailey Rules!"

Y'all have a great evening!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just posted a comment and it disappeared. Maybe I am doing two comments! Well, this post is certainly WORTH two or more comments! How come nobody else comments when the post is about ME?! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???? (The wise ones know when to say nothing! har har!)

cousin nancy said...

Hi Nancy! Omg, I am still pinching myself to make sure it is not a dream and you really did send me your beautiful, signed Fall Trail Ride watercolor.

Thank you so very much. I will treasure your artwork forever and never forget your fabulous book about you and Miranda. I think that y'all are totally amazing women and y'all inspire me.

Maybe you can come down here to visit Eileen and me and if you can—please bring Miranda.

Keep laughing and take care.

Lola said...

Hi -- it's Lori from St. Louis. I love that watercolor. It is so perfect for you. It is so sweet that your artist friend sent it to you.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Lori! It is good to hear from you. I am still in shock that sweet Nancy sent me her signed, original watercolor, too. She is an awesome woman with a heart as big as Texas.

I loved reading her book and suggest that you read it, toos. I can't wait to get her Fall Trail Ride framed. It is going to proudly hang, in our living room, of The Cabin, so I can show it off.

I hope that you decide to move to Texas, too. Take care and keep on laughing!

Anonymous said...

A visit to Texas is certainly in order. Hopefully someday we can make it happen! Until then, keep up the great work you're doing. XO

cousin nancy said...

You too!