Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Can You Believe That She Did That!

Today has been great. This afternoon Tony and I went, to Kerrville, to run a few errands before meeting our dear friend, Drew, for lunch.

We went to the shopping center, on Junction Highway, where Wild Birds Unlimited is located to take care of all three of our errands. First, we stopped at the Sub Station Post Office, so I could mail a few letters.

Then to save us a little time, Tony dropped me off, at Home Town Crafts store, so I could pick up Nancy J. Bailey's beautiful "Fall Trail Ride" watercolor, that I had the River Oaks Framing Company double-matted and framed for me, while Tony went over to the Wild Birds Unlimited store, to pick up some dog leashes and collars that Marguerite wanted to donate to us.

The River Oaks Framing Company did a beautiful job framing Nancy's artwork and after I had paid for it, I left the store and started walking across the parking lot to meet up with Tony, who was already backing Trigger out, of the parking space, so he could come and fetch me.

When I climbed into the truck, Tony admired the great framing job and then he said, "Marguerite gave us this huge sack of dog leashes and collars. And look what else she gave us." He handed me a Wild Birds Unlimited envelope, with Tony's and my names on it and inside it was a $40.00 Wild Birds Unlimited gift card! "She told me that it was just a little gift from her. Can you believe that she did that?"

"Yes I can, because I love Marguerite, because she is such a sweet, kind-hearted woman. We need to take her out to lunch soon, so we can thank her for the gift card. I'm going to use my part of the gift card to buy another super-cool, solar lantern. And that's when we can invite her and make a date, to treat her to lunch, with us."

"I'm going to buy more bird seed with mine," Tony said.

Our delicious lunch, at China Town, with Drew, was a total blast, because Drew and I had so much to catch up and tell each other that we never stopped talking. And our conversation was filled with a lot of laughter, too. Tony did get a few words in edgewise, because we had to occasionally pause to breathe, but he didn't seem to mind us solving all of the world's problems, while he sat back and enjoyed his tasty Sweet & Sour Shrimp.

When we got back home, the first thing I did was hang up the "Fall Trail Drive" painting. I hung it, on the wall, below Karin & Air Gun Pohlman's  fabulous, German-made Coo-Coo clock, that I absolutely love and also under one of my Resistol cowboy hats, next to Little Debbie's adorable, little sombrero that sweet Eileen gave to her. And the framed watercolor looks perfect there, except for the lighter shadow, above it and below it, because it is the outline of the old, green clock that had hung there for many years, before I replaced it today with Nancy's fabulous artwork.



Before I finish writing this post, I want to let you know that later this afternoon we rescued another stray and tomorrow morning a certain old dog of ours is getting adopted to a fabulous forever home, so it can be a companion to another old dog. Life is great—knock-on-wood. And that's about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Cousin Nancy. Thank you, River Oaks Framing. That painting is home where it belongs.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Nancy! I need your address, so I can send you something.