Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Weirdo!

Today has been great even though I overslept this morning. While I was drinking my first cup of coffee the phone rang—it was Kinky. "Good morning, Nance. When you have a chance please come over, because...."

Twenty minutes later, I walked inside the Lodge and was greeted by Kinky, Chet O'Keefe and The Friedmans. Chet was cooking on the stove top, and said, "I'm fixing Kinky and me some spaghetti for breakfast. Would you like some?"Then Chet and I started laughing when Kinky started defending why eating spaghetti for breakfast is no big deal.

"Thanks, but no thanks," I said. "We just ate some homemade lasagna for breakfast." Kinky and Chet looked shocked. "Not really. I'm just kidding..."

While Chet and Kink ate their spaghetti breakfast, Kinky told us that a good friend of ours hates puns. "No seriously he can't stand them," Kinky said, followed by a chuckle. "So, I told Sean, "These two antennae decide to get married and they sent out invitations to their friends asking them to RSVP if they would be attending their reception."

We all laughed and then I told them the pun that I had heard on The Ellen Show, the other day. "Do you know what you call a bear without teeth? A gummy bear."

So now it was Chet's turn. "Do you know what you call a line of rabbits walking backwards? A receding hare line."

This afternoon Chet, Tony and I carpooled or truckpooled to Kerrville, because we all needed to go to Home Depot, H-E-B and the Post Office. Our first stop was at the Post Office, because I needed to mail Chet's music Cd's to my dear friend Cindy, in Northern New Mexico and Chet needed to mail a few letters.

Then we went to Home Depot and then we all went our separate ways, because we all needed stuff. Chet ended up purchasing some paint and 4" plastic pipe, for his Chet Pack. Tony purchased more dirt and seeds and I bought a gallon of pink paint, a small can of black Rustoleum, a paint brush and these beautiful flowers.


Then we went to H-E-B and I am so glad that we did, because we saw our good friend, Ellen, who had a gift, sent to her from her cousin Pam, to give to me and it was out in Ellen's car. So while Tony went outside with Ellen, to her car, to get my package, Chet and I took off in different directions, in the store. And that's when I  ran into our dear friend Marguerite.

Ed Helms' sweet mother, Pam, sent me an REI, beautiful, blue, tie-dye bandana, just like the one that she had worn the last time that we saw her, because I had admired it. So when we got back home, I tied the bandana around my neck and then I asked Tony to please come outside and take a picture of me wearing Pam's beautiful gift. 

When we went outside, I picked up Little Debbie and then I sat down on the porch, so Tony could shoot me and this is what happened and it is the first picture Tony took of me. It's a funny picture, because I look like a weirdo, because our dogs were drowning me in kisses and you can't even see the beautiful bandana at all.


After Tony showed me my goofy-looking picture I asked him to please take another one with just Little Debbie, Roy and me.


I want to thank Pam for my beautiful, blue bandana gift that I love and will wear often. And that's about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty Woman. I 💜 your fur babies!

Fay said...

Awwww, Nancy! You don't look like a weirdo, you look well loved by some awesome wee souls xx Miss you!! Fay

cousin nancy said...

Hi Anon and Fay! Y'all are too sweet and our dogs are awesome and they mean the world to me. They keep me laughing and smiling all of the time and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Dogs Rule! Especially Roy, Belle, Beau, Alice and Little Debbie Simons! Thanks for commenting.

P.S. Fay, we can't wait to see you and meet Ian when y'all come visit us in Texas—I hope it is sooner than later as rumor has it.