Saturday, October 4, 2014

Your It—Marianne Faithful!

Early yesterday evening, while I was writing, Tony was outside mowing, or so I thought. When I decided to take a break and go help Tony, I went into our bedroom to take off my pink Crocs and put on my pink boots. When I entered the bedroom I immediately turned around and came back into the kitchen to grab my camera. I call this picture "When Little Debbie Runs With The Big Dogs—She Sleeps On Her Back With The Big Dogs Too!" Please note, the big dogs are covering all of the big holes that she made in the blanket.

In the foreground Alice and Beau had just woken up and were getting ready to jump off of our bed.

After I took this picture, I removed my Crocs and put on my boots. As I walked back into the kitchen I saw Tony, on the front porch, talking to a man and woman. When I went outside, Tony introduced me to a very nice couple, from the Netherlands. I immediately liked Clarissa and Jorrit, so I invited them to come inside The Cabin.

They loved our trailer and asked if they could take pictures of it, as Little Debbie and Alice went into their high-pitched barking routine. As the little girls constantly snarled and growled at our visitors, we managed to have a really fun visit them.

When I found out that Jorrit was a big fan of Kinky's, I invited the friendly, newly engaged couple to stay a little longer, because Kinky was on his way back to the ranch after being gone for a few days. Then I punched in Kinky's cell phone number. "Kinky, there's a nice couple from the Netherlands here...."

"....Nance, I'm up for meeting them. I'm about thirty minutes away...." When I told the couple that Kinky wanted to meet them, we left The Cabin and went into Outer Space to visit some more. And while we were passing time, I asked Jorrit how he spelled his name, because I was having trouble pronouncing it correctly.

He laughed. "A lot of people do," he said. "especially my American friends. They call me Your It..." Twenty minutes later, Tony took this picture of our new friends, Roy and me, before we went over to the Lodge, to wait for Kinky's arrival.


We were only there five minutes when Kinky arrived. After he unloaded his truck, Mr. Green Jeans, he gave the interesting couple a tour of the Lodge and then he invited us to go on a short hike with him and The Friedmans. That was a lot of fun.

A little before 8:00, I took this picture of Kinky, Clarissa and Your It, in Kinky's office. Then we adios-ed each other, so I could go back home and they could return to their hotel, next to the Alamo, in San Antone, where they are staying for the next few days.


Today has been great. Just before noon, Tony and I adopted Marianne Faithful to a very nice couple, that fell in love with her the moment that she fell in love with them. To say the least, "Kinky, Tony and I are thrilled about Marianne's adoption. That's two great adoptions this week!" Here's Marianne with her new forever family, minus their sweet, six-year-old son.


This afternoon Fay sent me another great e-mail, with more pictures of Blake.  
"Hi Nancy,
We all had a great night last night. We put a crate in our bedroom and he didn't mind at all, he just went right in and went to sleep. He's being too rambunctious for Wee Lassie's liking, she's a bit of a diva and he's messing her, and her routine up LOL All in all he's being a very good boy and it's fun seeing his reaction to things like the walk in shower, television, etc.

My handsome Scottish husband's favourite soccer team is the Glasgow Rangers. We want to pay homage to Texas and thought of the Texas Rangers. Then, with his antics in the hotel room on Thursday night when he was standing up like a horse on his hind legs and waving his paws. OMG It is a hilarious memory and pretty much sealed the deal on his new name:  we've decided to call him Ranger, he really suits it!

Here are some cute photos I took of him this morning. The first one is hilarious! This is how Ian watches Premier League soccer now, with Ranger on his lap LOL I love Wee Lassie's horrified look, it captures her mood about her new roomate pretty well.

As you can see, he fits on the loveseat pretty perfectly and looks so handsome too. We love him like crazy! Have a great weekend, we'll keep you updated over the next week.

Much love,
Fay & Family xo"
Here are Fay's pictures with my comments:

Fay's right about Wee Lassie's expression saying it all, about how she feels about Ranger.

Canada! My Home Sweet Home at last.

Looks like handsome Ranger has claimed the love seat, too, when he's not sitting on Ian's lap watching the Glasgow Rangers soccer games with him. 

Earlier this evening I went over to the Lodge to show Kinky the posts. on my blog, of Blake's incredibly great adoption and he is as thrilled as everyone else is about Blake aka Ranger—The TEX-I-CAN. And all of us love his new name and think that it is perfect. And that is about it for tonight, because I am fixin' to go bake Tony's favorite dessert, Cousin Nancy's Peach Cobbler served with a scoop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.

P.S. Yesterday, Fay posted the sweetest comment on my blog about our wonderful, dedicated volunteers. So, just in case you didn't read it I am reposting it here.



 Fay said...
My family is SO touched by this, it's absolutely wonderful!
Texican... PERFECT! LOL!!

I have seen how much the amazing volunteers contribute to the Utopia Ranch and how everyone supports the amazing work that Tony and Nancy do for all the strays that end up there.

Blake wouldn't be so amazing if it weren't for alls ya'll investing your valuable time walking and caring for all the furkids at Utopia. He was well loved before he arrived with us and you all need to give yourselves a pat on the back for the selfless contribution you make. We have ourselves one fine dog and it wouldn't have happened without each and every one of the Volunteers!
Much love, Fay & Family xoxo
October 3, 2014 at 6:50 PM

And this was my response to her comment:


Hi Fay! Our rescue ranch is so lucky to have the best friends aka best volunteers, in the Lone Star State! Please tell Blake, The Tex-i-can, that we love him and all of us are so happy for him. And don't forget to use the word Y'ALL!

October 3, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: