Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Coffee Pot! or What About Bob!

Today has been great, but first I want to catch y'all up with what has been going on. Thursday morning Tony and Rick went to the Old Timer, in Medina, to drink coffee with Tony's old friends, before they picked up the sweet, four-year-old, female Great Pyrenees, to bring to the rescue ranch.

When they arrived back at the rescue ranch, they put Big Mama in the alley next to Miranda Lambert, in hopes that they would bond quickly and become roommates. But ten minutes later, while the three of us were inside The Cabin eating breakfast, our dogs started barking outside, so we went out to the front porch and saw Big Mama, running past our parked vehicles, heading up the tall hill, behind our trailer.

As we hollered for her to please come back, she quickly disappeared into the woods. So, Tony and Rick jumped into Kermit and took off looking for her while I quickly phoned all of our good neighbors to be on the lookout for Big Mama.

As soon as the men returned home, I was frantic about Big Mama running off, so I jumped into Trigger and drove all around Kinky's ranch and the ranch before you get to Echo Hill. When I returned home, Tony reminded me that we had to go to Kerrville, but I didn't want to go, because I wanted to stay home just in case Big Mama returned or one of our neighbors called about seeing the Great Pyrenees.

Two hours later, when the three of us returned home, from Kerrville and after me having said hundreds of silent prayers about Big Mama returning safely back to the rescue ranch—Big Mama was standing next to our front yard gate! So when Tony parked Buttermilk, we all opened the car doors and called for her to jump into the Expedition. The good news is she jumped right into the backseat with me. Big Mama was home at last! Talk about make my day great!

After Tony and I put Big Mama, in Tom Landry's Escape Proof pen and took Tom out and put him in the alley beside her we jumped into Kermit and went up to The Cabin, so I could check Carlton's messages and call our nice neighbors to let them know that Big Mama was back home.

There were only two messages to listen to and they were both back-to-back and from Sandy Wolfmueller, "Nancy, please call me." Second message, "Nancy, we found a stove top percolator for Rick! Call us as soon as you can. Bye"

I called Sandy back and then I went outside to tell Rick, "Sandy and Jon found their old, copper bottom coffee percolator, in the bookstore's basement and they want to give it to you. They said for you to return the one you bought at Gibson's..." Then we came back inside The Cabin, so we could check my e-mail, because they had just sent me a picture of their aka Rick's stove top coffee percolator.

Friday was a great day, too. Our great friends/volunteers came out and walked our dogs. When all of us went to The Koyote Grill to eat lunch together, Kris & Jim "The Mineral Man" had belated birthday presents for me. When Tony and I walked inside Koyote this was sitting in a chair, at our long table. Tony and I started laughing. Then Kris said, "His name is Bob." Then Kris or Jim took this picture of me meeting Bob and falling in love with him. And Kris and Jim also gave me two, super cool alien guitar picks!

When Tony and I got home, I put Bob in the chair and took his picture. Then I stood him up next to where Roy was sleeping. The pictures say it all.

Early Friday evening, Rick, Tony and I jumped into Buttermilk and we took off to go pick up Drew, in Kerrville, who was going to ride with us to the Hunt Store, where Chet O'Keefe was performing. 

When we arrived Chet and his dog Willie were already there and so were our many friends. While Chet was doing a sound check I took this picture, before Chet started playing. And please note that the cool dog, standing on the roof, that Willie is watching, is owned by John & Vicki Dunn, the super nice owners of The Hunt Store. Chet's concert was great and Tony and I had so much fun visiting with our friends and listening to Chet.

Saturday was a great day, too. Around 10:00, our good friends, Denise and Bruce, from New York City, came out for their yearly visit with us and it was a lot of fun. While they were inside The Cabin drinking coffee with us, Rick was outside packing his things into his rental car, because he was headed to Wolfmueller's Books, to pick up his new/used copper bottom, stove top coffee percolator, before leaving town. And ten minutes before Denise and Bruce adios-ed us, Rick adios-ed us. 

Later in the day, a nice family delivered Rylie, their sweet, eight-year-old, female Dachshund, that they could no longer keep, because their children had become allergic to the dog. And Tony and I put her in the alley next to Buddy & Ringo Starr's pen, in hopes that she would soon bond with the boys. Here is a picture of little Ringo playing with his best bud.

And here's a picture of Ringo Starr, who is only about a year old. He's a great dog and has stolen every one's hearts. He's great with other dogs, not hyper, not a digger or a climber and he loves to ride in cars. Several of the volunteers think that he is a Chi-Weenie. 

Two hours passed before we put Rylie, in with Buddy and Ringo, her new roommates. I tried to take her picture for over thirty minutes, but because they dogs were playing and having so much fun, I never got a great picture of her. So, in the next few days I will be posting her picture so y'all can see her.

Today has been great. This morning Chet came over and ate breakfast with us, before heading back to Austin, because tonight he is playing at the Strange Brew.

Early this afternoon, Tony and I went outside to take pictures of Big Mama. When we went into her pen, she was happy to see us and she could not wait to kiss us. She seems to have settled in and she and Landry seem to be working it out through the fence. Here are two pictures that Tony took of this super sweet, four-year-old, gentle giant dog that has stolen my heart.

Before I finish writing this, I want to apologize for writing such a long blog tonight, but I wanted to update everyone. This evening I am going to work on my third novella and then watch a couple of Longmire episodes before going to bed. And tomorrow we plan to pick up the super sweet, overweight, female Boxer, that is currently at Hoegemeyers. 

Y'all have a great evening!


Anonymous said...

My GAWD, woman, if you keep losing weight you're going to have to put rocks in your pockets to keep from blowing away in the winter winds!

Seriously I don't know what you're doing to lose the weight, but it is definitely working - it's time to take a new picture of you and Roy for the blog!

cousin nancy said...

I am still laughing!