Monday, October 27, 2014

Craig Johnson! or Robert Earl Keen Beer!

Today has been great! This morning after doing our chores outside, I came inside The Cabin and checked my e-mail and Fay's made me smile. She wrote me a note telling me that a co-worker friend of hers was interested in Big Mama, but she needed to know if Big Mama was good with friends.

So, I immediately called the sweet, recently widowed woman. When I told her what was going on, she said, "Big Mama was great with my grand children." When I asked there ages, she said, "Two, seven and twelve..." When I told the nice lady that I hope Big Mama gets adopted by Fay's friend, because Toronto, Canada, would be a perfect climate for her—she totally agreed with me. Then we adios-ed each other and I immediately shot back a "good news" e-mail to Fay.

After I told Tone about the possibility of Big Mama getting adopted, he was thrilled, too. Then I called Kinky. "Kink, do you want to meet us for lunch?"

"Yes," Kinky said. "Let's eat at Randy & Lisa's Save Inn. How about 1:15?"

Tony and I arrived, at the Save Inn, five minutes before Kinky arrived and our lunch was delicious and we did a lot of laughing. After we had finished eating the super nice waitress removed our plates and handed us our tickets. "Hey Kinky," Tony said. "Since your birthday is this Saturday, we'll treat you to lunch today."

"Thank you very much," he said, as he handed his ticket to Tony.

Our next stop was at Wolfmueller's Books, so I could pick up the latest Longmire book that Sandy & Jon bought for me, at the Texas Book Festival, they attended this past weekend. When we walked inside their fabulous bookstore our friend, Robert Earl Keen, was standing by the checkout counter, visiting with Sandy & Jon.

After greetings, Sandy told us, "Robert Earl has brought us some of his new signature beer to try. It's just come out and it is made with Texas honey and it is brewed by the Pedernales Brewing Company, in Fredericksburg." Then Jon showed us a can and then gave it to Tony to try tonight. We had a fun, but short visit with Robert Earl before he adios-ed us.

As soon as Robert Earl had left their store, Sandy & Jon handed me the book Wait For Signs: Twelve Longmire Stores by Craig Johnson. Then Sandy says, "We met Craig Johnson and we had a fun visit with him. He is the nicest man and he signed your book to you, Cousin Nancy!" Her exciting words gave me instant goose bumps, because I am such a big fan of Longmire and now I can actually brag that I own an autographed Longmire book. "Did you check out Craig Johnson's website last night?"

"Oh my goodness! Yes I did," I said. "I loved looking at all of the Longmire merchandise for sale and I wanted to buy all of it." That made them laugh and then they agreed with me. "I especially loved the beautiful buckled cuff, the pink Sheriff coffee mug and the pink Longmire t-shirt. As soon as I pay down my credit card a little bit more, I plan to buy those items and a cap or two. And he is good-looking too."

Sandy agreed with me and then Jon said, "He's a down-to-earth man and very easy to talk to. We felt like we had known him all of our lives..."

After we had talked about loving Craig Johnson's Longmire books and the A&E Longmire series, Tony and I adios-ed them. Then we went down the street to early vote and then we went to the big H-E-B, to pick up a few more groceries.

Our last stop was, at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, to pick up Ginger, the sweet, four-year-old, overweight Boxer that we rescued last week. When we arrived at the clinic Susan, Kathy and the vet techs raved about what a sweet dog Ginger is and what a cool dog she is before they went to get her for us.

When Ginger entered the lobby her stubby tail was wagging wildly and that instantly confirmed everything nice the staff had just told us about her.

On our way home, I rode in the backseat with Ginger and she was great and seemed very comfortable riding in cars, as she constantly kissed my face or tried to sit in my lap. When we got home Tony put Ginger in my pink writing cabin's front yard. Then we went and got our cameras so we could take pictures of her to post. Here are two of the best ones I took of Ginger.

After I shot Ginger with my camera, I came back inside and took pictures of the Robert Earl Keen Beer can, before Tony put it into the freezer, so it wouldn't take long for him to taste it. Then I took pictures of my treasured Craig Johnson autographed book, so I can prove to all that I really do have a signed book by him.

Then I started writing this for my blog. Kinky called me around 6:30 to ask me what time and what channel the Cowboys are playing on. I told him that I didn't know, but I would find out. Then I asked Tony and he said, "7:00 on channel 206." So then I called Kinky back and told him and then we talked for over twenty minutes. And that is about it, because I'm fixin' to watch the Dallas Cowboys RedSkins game.

Y'all have a great evening! (And Carol, I am glad that you're back home and I will call you in the morning after we do our chores.)

No comments: