Monday, April 25, 2011

Sleeping It Off!

Today has been almost great. This morning instead of fixing breakfast for Tony when he returned from the Old Timer, we took off for Kerrville, in Trigger, with precious cargo aboard—Belle Starr-Simons.

When we arrived at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, we were happy, because Belle had not thrown up and even better—we were on time for her appointment to have her spayed and to receive all of her adult shots! Even though Miss Belle was not happy about her doctor's appointment, we kissed her goodbye and then we went down the street to Randy's & Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant to eat one of their delicious breakfasts.

As usual T. and I ordered the exact same thing—Sinker Omelet with hash browns and a biscuit with a side of gravy and needless to say,"It was absolutely delicious and the waitress was fun to visit with while we ate."

When we got back home, the first thing I did, after T. went outside to do his morning chores, was to check my e-mail and I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw over 142 notices from Twitter—telling me that all 142 people were now following me on Twitter! I could not believe it, so I went to my Twitter page: "cousinnancy" and it was true and I was so thrilled that my dear friend Ruth Buzzi at: Ruth_A_Buzzi was also following me. Thank you, Ruthie! I loved reading your tweets.

After I went outside to tell Tone my exciting Twitter news I came back inside and returned phone calls, e-mails and then I started catching up with my personal pile of paperwork. Then the lights went out—literally. The ceiling fans quit moving air-filled-with-hair, the air conditioner quit humming loudly and there was no music.

"Tony!" I half-hollered, then the phone rang—it was Kinky.

"Nance, is y'all's power down? Mine is."

"Yes, Kink. It just went out and now I can't do anymore paperwork until it comes back on."

"Well, why don't you come over here for a visit?" Minutes later Kinky and I were sitting outside, on his front porch, rocking-away, in the rocking chairs, as we visited and played with The Friedmans, while thousands of beautiful Hummingbirds swarmed around us and drank from Kinky's many bird feeders. An hour later Buttermilk returned me to the rescue ranch.

Three hours later, when the power outage finally ended, T. and I jumped into Trigger and went back to Kerrville to pick up his dog—Belle Starr-Simons. When we walked inside the filled lobby at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic Susan greeted us. "Belle is still a little bit groggy, but she is doing fine, y'all..."

When the friendly veterinarian intern walked into the lobby carrying a sleepy-looking Belle in her arms, everyone made cooing sounds, including us, because she was so cute, even though she was still a little bit out-of-it. And, when she saw Tony she wagged her tail a little.

Two miles before arriving back at the ranch—Belle—blew it—all over me. As the warm vomit soaked my clothes I said, "It's okay, Belle. Don't worry about it. You'll be okay, little one..."

As I finish writing this, Belle is in her crate—sleeping it off. I can't wait until tomorrow morning when she will be totally back to normal, and back to biting at my boots, with her sharp little baby teeth, because as you can see—she has stolen my heart, too.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: