Sunday, June 14, 2015

What About Bob!

Today has been great. I decided to take today off, because I was way too busy, with the rescue ranch, last week and I needed to take a break from the rescue ranch, etc. So tonight's post is going to be a short read, filled with pictures, so this evening I can do some serious writing, on my third novella.

As y'all already know, last year I purchased an inexpensive, used, fixer-upper Shasta RV and I named it The Mother Ship, because the last two RVs that I have fixed up, I have named The Space Ship and The Rocket Ship.


A few times over the past year, Chet O'Keefe and Tony have helped me work on The Mother Ship, but it was never a big priority to me. A few months ago, I finally decided to paint it, because it needed a face lift and I needed another distraction. And it took about a month to finally finish painting all of it, because of all of the rain that we thankfully have received. 

Anyway, Friday evening and several hours yesterday, I have been painting the RVs door and I used Bob, that cute, inflatable alien, as my model. I love Bob, because he always makes me smile every time that I look at him, laying in the chair or standing in my office. Kris & The Mineral Man named him Bob before they gave him to me, last year, for my 63rd birthday and it is a perfect name. 


I wish that I had taken before and after pictures from the get-go, but I didn't. So here is the first picture that I took of the door, after I had already painted the sky, stars, moon, mountains and river. And please note that this is an ongoing work in progress, because I am not finished painting it. And I'll scrap off the paint, on the window, when my project is finally completed.


Then I painted the red and white VW micro-bus.


Then I painted the three trees, by the river, the rocks and the road.


Then I outlined everything in black. Then I raced time applying a clear coat of protective poly MinWax to protect the areas that I had painted, because it looked like it might rain. Well, it didn't rain last night and Kinky, Tony and I like how The Mother Ship looks so far. 

Once I finish painting The Mother Ship's door, fence-in the RV and hang an Area 51 sign, on the gate, I will post a picture. And that is about it for tonight.


Y'all have a great evening and May the Force Be With You!

No comments: