Wednesday, June 17, 2015

51!

Today has been great. Our good, famous photographer, friend, Brian Kanof, came over early to drink some coffee with us, before heading back to his home, in El Paso.

After we adios-ed Brian, Tony went outside to do the morning chores, by himself, because I had a mound of paperwork to take care of.

When I had finished demolishing the pile of paperwork and had returned several phone calls, I went to my computer and went Online, to do a little research and I was so thrilled with what I found, I made a small purchase, that in the future is going to give me great pleasure and keep me laughing.

Then I went to the phone to return The Mineral Man's earlier phone call, about his refrigerator pickling peppers recipe, that Tony and Kinky are wild about. I got his machine and left a brief message and as soon as I turned off the phone—he and Kris called me right back and they put me on Speakerphone.

"Hi y'all. Thanks for calling me back."

"Sure," they said.

"After we eat lunch, Tony and I have to go to Kerrville and Jim, I was wondering if you could give me your refrigerator pickling peppers, because we're going to the big H-E-B." And I purposefully left out the part about me stealing his delicious recipe and calling it mine. "I can't wait to make some."

"No problem, Nancy," Jim said. "It is so easy to make and all you need to buy is 5% White Vinegar, you've already got water, some pickling salt, garlic, pickling spice and jars...."

Right after Jim had told me his exact recipe and given me his suggestions on making it and I had thanked him—I said, "Guess where I went this morning?"

"Where?" Kris asked.

"I went Online to The International UFO Museum and Research Center, in Roswell, New Mexico!" Then we all started laughing. "Y'all aren't going to believe what I bought."

"What?" They asked, simultaneously.

"An Area 51 license plate, for the Mother Ship's fenced-in area, and it only cost me $9.00! Can y'all believe that?" Needless to say, we burst out laughing, again.


This afternoon when we got back from Kerrville I gathered up all of the ingredients, took a picture and then made six jars of Cousin Nancy's Refrigerator Pickling Peppers! And it was so easy. And the good part is I already know that Kinky and Tony are going to love them.


Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: