Sunday, January 30, 2011

'Erb Just Had A Birthday!

Today has been great, but tonight's blog is going to be short for two reasons. One, I spent almost all day preparing Tony's and my income taxes. Two, I cannot wait to sit down and watch Hallmark's movie, "The Lost Valentine" starring Betty White, who I absolutely adore and respect.

Tony and I had so much fun last night with Carol and James! Before James and Carol picked us up to go with them to the comedy club in Kerrville, we already knew that we were going to have a great time, because we love Carol and James, because they are two of the sweetest and nicest people we know.

On our way to Kerrville, we (mostly Carol and me) talked and laughed non-stop. And by the time we arrived at the Santo Coyote my back was already starting to ache, because of laughing too much. After we took our seats Carol took off to go powder her nose and when she came back from the "Little Girls Room" she was grinning ear to ear, because she had met one of the comedians.

After Carol told us about her meeting the nice, funny, woman comedian, we started telling stories about our youthful pasts and all of us were laughing so much about finding out who had worn long hair, an afro, smoked, etc.—I quickly realized that I didn't need to see comedians to make me laugh—I just needed Carol, James and Tony.

The comedy show was hilariously great and when it ended we (all of us) talked non-stop about the show, as James drove us home. And before we said goodbye to Carol & James we have decided to go again.

This morning Kinky called. "Nance, Sophie asked me to call you, because she wants to see you." Twenty minutes later I was over at the Lodge telling Kinky, Sophie and "The Boys" about our-night-out with Carol & James and the comedy club.

Before I left to come home Kinky's phone rang. "Hello, Herb!" Kinky said, as we sat outside on the porch with The Friedmans. "How are you  and Karen doing?..." A few minutes later, Kinky said, "Cousin Nancy is sitting here with me and she sends you her best...."

After Kinky said goodbye to Herb, who y'all know as 'Erb, because I pronounce it wrong, because I was taught that the "H" is silent from a communist in Fort Worth, Kinky and I started talking about how much we liked Herb and Karen. "I love them, Kinky," I said. "'Erb just had a birthday last week on the 27th and..."

Late this afternoon I took a tax break and went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky, Dylan & Sage and in time flat—we were all laughing. Then Sage blew me out of the saddle when she told me that *&%#$@, a famous movie and television star, with a hit TV show,  liked her writing. I would tell you who he is, but first Sage has to give me her permission to make it public. Before leaving the Lodge I told Sage, "I am green with envy of you, because I love that actor so much and his show..."

Y'all have a great evening! I'm fixing to watch "The Lost Valentine!"

1 comment:

Herb Cares said...

Cousin Nancy---

Karen and I were touched and VERY pleased with your comments and with Kinky's.

'Erb