Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Man In The Moon!

About an hour ago, after I had worked on the Space Ship, Tony and I took off to visit with Kinky, over at the Lodge. When we reached our gate, a very large package was waiting for us! It was addressed to Kinky, care of me. So, Tony put it inside Buttermilk, and we went over the river and through the woods, to Kinky’s Lodge.

When we arrived, Kinky greeted us at the gate. “What?” Kinky said. “You’ve got a package for me?” Then Tony carried it into the kitchen of the Lodge. "Who is it from?”

“I bet it is another guitar for you to sign, Kinky,” I said. Kinky looked at the mystery box, and then he saw a letter taped to the front. He opened the letter and began reading it aloud.

“Please forgive this bulky delivery....This box has a couple books, two cigar ashtray stands, one cigar ash tray liner and two ashtrays that can be used with the metal, “man in the moon” stand. I’ve put arrows showing where the stands at the bottom, cut the box open...These items came from Smedley Butler’s estate. Do you know about him? Very cool guy who stopped a take over of the White House in Roosevelt’s time...I follow your blog...adore your husband’s photos... What? Nance, this letter is for you. Tony will you help me open this box?”

Kinky handed me my letter, and I began reading it, as Tony opened the box carefully, and then he and Kinky began carefully unpacking it. “Kinky, these ashtrays are way too cool, especially the ‘man in the moon,’” I said, then I picked up the books. “Kinky, can I borrow these after you have read them? It says on the jacket, that Smedley was a Brigadier General and there are rave reviews about this book.”

Kinky finished reading the letter addressed to him, from Deborah D. up in E. Chatham, New York. “Sure, Nance,” Kinky said, as he and Tony admired the interesting ashtrays. “I like these ashtrays and the books sound very interesting, too.”

We helped Kinky find places for the ashtrays and then we came home. I can’t wait to read those books! Gotta go, Tony and I are going into Outer Space!

P.S. Deborah D., Kinky asked me to thank you, and he sends you his best. And, I am glad that you love the Space Ship and your 200 year old barn sounds fantastic!

No comments: