Sunday, August 14, 2016

Tom Kha Gai!

Today has been great, because we are actually getting some much needed rain. We haven't gotten a lot yet, but it is starting to rain right now.

This past Tuesday Tony and I ate lunch at Thai Ocha Restaurant, in Kerrville and we ordered the same thing again, but this time instead of  ordering their #4 we ordered the all you can eat Soup & Salad.

We loved eating their salad and we both had seconds on their delicious Tom Kha Gai soup of the day. Neither of us have ever tasted Tom Kha Gai soup before and because it was so delicious, when I came home I researched and found Tom Kha Gai recipe for it.

Then for the next three days the ingredients started arriving. Then I went on Amazon and ordered almost all of the ingredients. And most of them I cannot pronounce or ever try to. Anyway, I spent $60.00, with free-shipping and still need to buy the rest, the next time that we go to Kerrville. Here is a picture of just some of the ingredients, from Amazon Prime, that are needed to make this mouth-watering soup.


I bought two different brands of Coconut Milk, Premium Fish Sauce, Kaffir Lime Leaf dried whole, Thai Galangal Slices, Lemon Grass, Nuac Mam Nhi and Chili Oil. 

And then later on I found out that there is actually a great Thai Food store, in Kerrville and that H-E-B also carries several of these products. I am planning on cooking this soup this week and I will let you know how it turned out.

Since last Friday afternoon we've had friends spend the weekend with us and we had a wonderful time seeing our friends. They left early this afternoon to go back home and we are so looking forward to their next super-fun visit.

And that's about it for today, because I'm pooped and I am going to take a short nap with our dogs and then do some more writing tonight.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: