Monday, August 22, 2016

Taking Care of Business! or Invisible Ink!

Today has been great. Early his morning when I woke up it was thundering and raining outside and Tony was  drinking coffee with his friends, at the Old Timer, in Medina, so I went back to bed, to catch a few more hours of sleep. Because I didn't fall to sleep until 1:45.

The next time that I woke up, with all of our dogs sleeping on the bed with me, it was thundering and raining outside, again. It was sort of like a deja-vu, but this time Tony was drinking coffee, in the kitchen.

After taking an Aspirin and giving Roy his three pills, I drank a delicious cup of Chai Latte, before I showered and got dressed. Then I started taking care of business.

I returned e-mails and  phone calls first. Then I paid some bills, made up a deposit and tried to write thank you letters, but unfortunately the officejet was in a snit and rejected all ten of my printing requests. But in the printer's defense it made all of the sounds like it was printing my letters, but when I went back to my office to retrieve the thank you letters with my added personal notes to them—the pages were all blank or the printer used invisible ink.

Awhile later, I was running diagnostic checks on this often moody officejet when Tony came back inside The Cabin, after doing his morning chores outside. He was soaking wet, and said, "Nance, I'm starving. What's our plan for the day?"

"We need to go to the bank to make a deposit, then go to the Post Office, so I can mail some bills. I wrote the thank you letters, but the printer isn't printing anything that I can see. I guess we could take off now, if you want to?"

"Okay, let me take a shower and put on some clean clothes. It will take me about twenty minutes."

On our way to Bandera to make a deposit I persuaded Tony into eating lunch, at the Apple Store, in Medina, by telling him how delicious their SPJ Burger was. The one that made Texas Monthly's Top 50 Burgers in Texas.

So after making the deposit and then mailing my letters, in Medina, I saved Tony from starving to death, because we went to the Apple Store and ordered the exact same thing for a late lunch—SPJ Burgers and iced tea. And like me their SPJ Burger is our new favorite thing to eat, at The Apple Store. And that's about it for tonight, because I am expecting an important phone call.

Tomorrow night I will tell you about us rescuing a small dog today, named Jack, who I've already found a great forever home for.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: