Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The One And Only! or Expedition Unknown!

Today has been fine, but something weird is going on with my blog and I can't figure it out. In the past 9 years that I've been blogging my average daily page views is usually somewhere between 150 to 200, which I take as a compliment.

But since Monday and this morning and today my blog has spiked big time. My blog's daily counter is set to start counting at 7:00 PM and then it automatically resets itself twenty-four hours. Last night a little before 7:00, it reported that I had 471 page views on from Monday to last night , so I took this snap shot, before it zeroed out, at 7:00, last night.


Early this morning when I checked to see how views I had received since Tuesday evening, at 7:00 and I already had 259 page views. It was incredible.


So late this afternoon, around 4:30, with two and a half hours to go before the counter resets itself I had already had 328 page views.


Anyway, I am not complaining about this at all. In fact, I am thrilled that so many people are reading my blog and I thank all of you. But I am still puzzled about these unusual spikes in my page views. 

This morning my dear friend, Fay McLachlan sent me an e-mail. She told me that she too has been depressed with so much bad news, too. And she sent me a Twitter link that Laurell K. Hamilton had posted. On Twitter Laurell wrote:

"Look I know this week has been tough, so here's a Chihuahua dressed as a Centurion being pulled by a sausage dog." And it was so cute and funny that Tony and I are still laughing about it." In fact, I can't quit watching it keeps making me smile.

So now I've been inspired to "copy" her great idea and try to come up with something different, but still funny starring the one and only Little Debbie with her faithful side-kick Bob, her tiny, green alien friend that is invisible to everyone except her. And the wheels are already spinning on my new project.


Around 5:00 this evening I called my sweet sister just to catch up with her. During our fun conversation I started telling her about reading Tom Slick: Mystery Hunter by Catherine Nixon Cooke and about how much I had enjoyed reading it.

After I had told her about some of his exciting adventures Cindy told me that she would check out the book. Then she told me that she was hooked on watching the Expedition Unknown, on the Travel Channel and she highly recommended that I watch it, because she had told Ron & Nita about it and now they are hooked on it, too. It airs on Wednesday nights, starting at 5:00.

So as soon as we adios-ed each other, I immediately grabbed the remote control and went to the Travel Channel and pressed the button to record all of the shows. In fact, it is on right now and I must admit that I am already hooked on it.


And that's about it for tonight, because I am going to spend my evening watching Expedition Unknown.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: