Monday, July 4, 2016

Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce!

Today has been great. This morning when I checked my blog I saw that Mari had made this comment on my Saturday post We Are Family! I am posting this just in case you didn't read her comment.

Mari of the NoMads said...
"Nancy, your blog is apparently well-heeded in Kerrville. I went to Wal-Mart to purchase my missing ingredients for your new recipe and found that the large red bell peppers were sold out and they had put the Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix in the aisle where the boxes were flying off the stack! I got the last green onions in the store, too!

‪I just finished transcribing your recipe to paper to take with me to the kitchen since I am technically impaired and do not own (or want) a Smart Phone that could take the recipe for me.
‪David and I look forward to munching on this meal soon!"

‪July 4, 2016 at 11:44 AM

And my dear Canadian friend, Fay, also had made a comment on yesterday's post Marguerite's Sweet Next Door Neighbor! 

Fay said...
"Happy 4th of July to you, Tony, Kinky and everyone at Utopia Rescue! Hope you have a super day! We have our Texas flag flying out our back garden so our Texi-Can pups don't forget where they came from! xx
‪Fay & the Clan in Canada"
‪July 4, 2016 at 8:55 AM  

Late this afternoon, I decided to make Tony and me smoothies and I used all of those same healthy ingredients that I had listed on last nights post : H-E-B's frozen Mixed Fruits, almond milk, goji berries, chia seeds, kale, cocoa chips, walnuts, banana, ginger, blueberries and yogurt.
Anyway here are my before and after pictures of our smoothies, that are always so delicious.




A few minutes ago I checked my email again and my dear friend Mari wrote this:

"Well I really liked that recipe you shared. I took the lazy way out and bought some of the barbecued chicken that was already shredded and available from the same folks that package the meatloaf and roast beef, etc. (Hormel) . It supposed has Jack Daniels in the barbecue sauce. Since it already HAD barbecue sauce on the chicken I only added about ½-3/4 of a cup of Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce and it came out great....

I WILL make Cousin Nancy’s BBQ Chicken Cornbread again and probably sooner than later!

Mari!"

I am thrilled that Fay & Ian are celebrating our country's Fourth of July and they are flying a Texas flag and I am glad that Mari and David like my newest Cousin Nancy recipe and that she used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce just like I did, because it is the very best. 

And that's about it for this 4th of July evening, because I need to go back over to the Lodge to check on The Friedmans.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: