Monday, July 25, 2016

Breaking News!! or 698!

I am so tired of listening or watching the Media with all of their "Breaking News" horrific, depressing stories, because like many of our friends that I've talked with they, like me, are feeling hopeless, lost and finding that it is hard to just get out of bed.

So a few days ago I decided to change "my media" choices, because I am so sick of watching or listening to disturbing, live coverage of innocent victims being killed, angry people and politicians screaming with their fists held up high in the air, etc. And it has already made a huge difference in the quality of my daily life.

Three days ago, after much thought I swore off The Media and decided to create my own media. So Sunday morning instead of waking up to alarming news, blasting out of the television, almost everyday, the first media that I chose for myself was a much healthier choice.


Yes, I walked 4 fast miles with Leslie Sansone and it made me feel so energized and ready to face my day. And sweet Henry Standing Bear happily tried to walk with me too, if he wasn't accidentally causing me to nearing trip. 

Yesterday afternoon my next new choice for my media was to spend a few hours just relaxing. While I listened to my music I enjoyed reading this fabulous book that Kris had given to me, a few weeks ago. "Thank you, Kris!"


I highly recommend reading The Most of Nora Ephron, because it is so much fun to read. It is filled with her take on life and several of her stories made me laugh out loud and that felt so good and this is probably why:

One Minute of Anger Weakens the Immune System for 4 -5 Hours.
One Minute of Laughing Boots Your Immune System for 24 Hours. 

Last night, after dinner my next choice of my media to watch was this:


I love this fun movie that was made in 1979, because that was also a very special time in my life. It brought back so many fond memories after I watched it. 

I was 28 years old then and dating Jim, whom I married two years later. In fact, I remember that after we saw this movie, in a downtown theatre, Jim & I went with my parents, who were my very best friends, to the Fort Worth StockYards and all of us danced for hours, at The White Elephant. Life was good.

Please note: That because of my new media choices I was still feeling happy and upbeat. Hmm.

This morning I got up, drank a delicious cup of Donut Shop Coffee and then I turned on the television and walked 4 more fast miles with Leslie, while Henry Standing Bear, was outside on the front porch,  gnawing happily on the steps railing. 

Today I cooked us lunch and it was red beans & rice with jalapeƱo sausages and Tony's delicious homegrown, organic tomatoes. And to say the least—it was totally delicious.


Early this evening I decided to start writing this post, while I sipped on one of my delicious, healthy smoothies made with too many healthy ingredients to take the time mentioning. 

Anyway, when I went to my blog, I first checked to see if I had any new comments, I didn't, but I was astounded by the number of people who have checked out my blog since 7:00 last night. 


And as I finish writing this in hopes of lifting your spirits, I just found this picture posted, on my new friend, Melissa Weiner's FaceBook page and I absolutely love it, because I know it really works.


I am now going over to the Lodge, because Kinky has written some new songs that he wants me to listen to.

P.S. A 6:10, as I was setting the time for my blog to post tonight, at 7:05, I about fell out of my chair when I saw the new number of the people who have now checked out my blog since last night, at 7:00. 



Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

No comments: