Friday, July 8, 2016

See You In Germany!

Thursday was a very busy day for us. We had to go to Kerrville to run several errands, then when we got back home, we did some more mowing and weed-eating, before our good friend Brian Molnar came over with his girlfriend for a fun visit.

Brian is a very talented singer/songwriter/musician and he is the one who produced Kinky latest CD The Loneliest Man I Ever Met. And this is our signed copy of it.


While we were having a fun visit with Brian and girlfriend, inside The Cabin, our dogs started barking outside. "Nance, I bet it's Dorothy and David," Tony said. "You stay inside where it is cool and I will go give them a tour of the rescue ranch." Then out the door he went.

About thirty minutes later, Tony walked inside The Cabin with Dorothy and after introductions, he said, "Nance, they want to adopt Jack Black, in hopes that he won't mess with their chickens and sheep."



While everyone visited I quickly filled out Jack's adoption papers for them to sign and after they had signed the papers, we started visiting with this super nice couple, from Medina. 

When Dorothy spotted the book next to my/Roy/Henry's chair, that Kris & Jim gave to me for my birthday, she said, "We love Tiny Houses and we're building our first Tiny House." And Tony and I lit up like a Christmas tree, because we love the Tiny House movement.


While they told us about their first Tiny House that they are planning to sell, Dorothy showed us pictures of it and it was so cool that I begged our new found-friends to please let us come over some day to see it. And they told us to come over anytime.

Then Tony discovered that David knew many members of Tony's family, so they started trading stories about them. Anyway, we are thrilled about Jack's super adoption and we are keeping our fingers crossed that his adoption will stick. And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening and keep on laughing!

6:00 Update: My dear friend Mari has just sent me this YouTube video that will put a smile on your face. And I totally loved it, because it made me smile. Click here if you need a smile. You've  Gotta Love Millennials - Micah Tyler

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Ok, Nancy - when you and Tony build your tiny house, please know that I will be over to watch you both a) get up into the loft and b) get down from the loft.

That kind of gymnastics might be easy for the MIL-LEN-IAL S! but us Baby Boomers? Not so much.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! We love for you to come over and watch us build our Tiny House, but you might be disappointed, because we've already decided—NO LOFTS!

After we watched several shows with younger people going up and down ladders or tiny stairs it was not a hard decision for us Baby Boomers to make. We might be old, but we ain't dumb.

Thank you for your comment and for sending me that great MIL-LEN-IAL S video. Let's do a Tiny Lunch soon.