Friday, October 23, 2015

The Calmest Cat In Kerrville! or The Cat In The Cart!

Yesterday afternoon and today have been great. Yesterday while Tony and I were shopping, at Home Depot, to buy some more trim, etc. for the Mother Ship, my RV and we saw the coolest thing that we've never seen before in Home Depot.

We were heading towards the tile department when we saw this woman pushing a shopping cart with a beautiful cat, wearing a blue leash, sleeping peacefully, in her cart! We both took a double take as the woman and her precious companion went past us. "Tony, can you believe that?" I asked. And before he could answer, I said, "I am going to go ask her if I can take a picture of her cat!" Then I turned around and skipped over to the woman. "Excuse me, ma'am. You have the coolest cat! We've seen dogs inside this store, but we've never seen a cat. Would it be alright with you if I took a picture of your cat for my Blog?"

Seconds later, the sweet woman stood back, so I could snap a couple of pictures. And after I took a few quick pictures of the calmest cat in Kerrville, I thanked the woman for letting me take pictures.

Then Tony walked up and asked if he could pet her super friendly cat. With customers all stopping and taking double takes of the cat in the cart, we told this nice woman that we run the Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch and how much we love cats and dogs, etc. and she thanked us for what we do.

We visited with this friendly woman for a few more minutes and learned that the cat's name is Grace and she is seven-years-old. The lady told us that she takes her cat everywhere with her and that her cat loves to ride in cars and go into stores. "When I open the car door, Grace jumps immediately inside and she quickly settles down on the front seat or the backseat. And sometimes she tries to ride, on my lap. Which is a big No-No...."



This morning it was drizzling outside when, Eileen, our good friend/volunteer, called and left a message. "Nancy, Tony, I have gotten some more free dog food to give to y'all and because it is raining, in Kerrville, I was wondering if y'all would want to meet Lisa, Kris & Jim and me for lunch, at the Thai O'cha, for lunch. And then after lunch we could unload the dog food from my truck to your truck, so it won't get wet?..."

We had a wonderful time with our friends, at the Thai O'cha and the food was totally delicious. And believe it or not—For the very first time, at this restaurant, Tony and I did not order the same thing, because I was not real hungry. 

Yes, Tony ordered the #4, like we always have done, in the past and this time I ordered the all-you-can-eat soup and salad bar. 

During our fun lunch, we laughed a lot and talked about monkeys, snakes, the latest weather forecast, etc. So Jim pulled out his cell phone and told us about this cool weather App, called Dark Sky, and he showed it to us. So Lisa immediately purchased it for $3.99, for her iPhone and so did Eileen. 

Tony and I would have purchased it, too, but we both forgot to bring our phones with us, which is a common thing for us to do, because we are forgetful. But, as soon as we got back home, we bought the coolest weather App that we've ever seen.

Before I finish writing this tonight I want to show y'all the perfect birthday presents that Lisa gave to me, before we ate lunch today. The cute "It's all Good in the Trailer Hood" made by Twisted Wares is a Hang Tight Towel, with a sewn in loop and it is made in Texas! And I am going to hang it the Mother Ship! I also love the H&H dish soap dispenser which is perfect for The Cabin's kitchen decor. "Thank you, Lisa! I love my presents and yesterday I bought a big bottle of Ivory dish soap!"



I just went outside and took these pictures of our beautiful, healthy, bountiful, Fall Keyhole garden, before it starts raining, thundering and lightning tonight.



And I took these pictures of of our beautiful Purple Sage, that has literally doubled its size since Spring. And please note the pretty purple flowers, because Tony says, "It always blooms when it is fix'in to rain.



I wrote this earlier this evening and have scheduled it to post at 7:00, because I might be "unplugged" by then, because there is a strong possibility that we might have some serious thunderstorms tonight. And the coolest thing is our new Dark Sky weather apps will tell us exactly when it is going to start and stop raining, etc.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: