Thursday, October 22, 2015

Big Time Pranksters!

Yesterday and today have been great. Wednesday afternoon I spent about three hours working on the Mother Ship's kitchen area. Around 6:00, I came inside to check my phone messages.

I had two messages. One message was from Kinky and the other one was from Carol & Bill's and our friend, Jeff Severson, aka The Singing Cowboy, who earned four Super Bowl Rings, during his pro football days.

Jeff is a big time prankster and every time that he and Lorri come to visit Carol & Bill, he plays a prank on me and this has been going on for several years. Jeff's hilarious message had to do with kangaroos and if I hadn't known, in advance, that he was coming to visit Bill & Carol yesterday—I would have fallen for another one of his pranks.

I was still laughing about Jeff's phone call when Carol called me. " Hi Nancy. Jeff, Donna & Jack Roddy are here. Jeff wants to see y'all and Jack & Donna want to meet the famous Cousin Nancy and Tony. We just got back from Luckenbach and....And if Chet's around please invite him, too."

After I told Carol that I was in the middle of painting some trim, inside the Mother Ship, I told her that we would love to see them and Jeff and meet Jack & Donna as soon as I finished my project.

FYI: Jack & Donna are best friends with Jeff & Lorri and Carol & Bill. In fact, the Roddy's introduced Carol to Bill and Carol & Bill got married on their ranch, in California. And like Jeff and Bill, Jack is a big time prankster, too. And you can check out Jack Roddy, who is a member of the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame, for winning two world championships in steer wrestling, in 1966 and 1968.

Last night, Tony and I had a blast, over at Bill & Carol's ranch and unfortunately Chet wasn't able to make it. Jeff, Bill and Jack kept all of us laughing, as they told us about some of their big time pranks that they had played on each other. And Donna backed up everyone of their hilarious stories.

When Jeff told us about renting a $7,000.00 blow-up gorilla, the kind that you see at car dealerships and grand openings, for this famous trail ride they had went on, many years ago, I nearly wet my pants as they described what they did to that rented 30 foot tall gorilla.

When all of our backs were aching from laughing so much Jeff and I grabbed our guitars. Jeff sang several great songs that he has written and then Jack serenaded us with some old cowboy songs. And while I was picking' & grinning' with Jeff, I nearly teared up when Jack sang the classic, American cowboy song, Little Joe The Wrangler.

When it started to sprinkle, on the deck, Jeff and I put away our guitars. And as soon as we had put them back inside their cases—it stopped raining. So we talked about our horses, dogs, Jack & Donna's Chihuahuas and our Little Debbie & Big Al(ice), Jeff playing for the crowd, in Luckenbach, a few hours earlier, the serious drought, in California and in Texas. And that led us to talking about rattle snakes and other poisonous snakes that we've dealt with. And before we knew it—it was time for Tony and me to come back home.

Right before we went to bed, we had a scare. Tony went outside to bring our dogs back inside and when he got Roy, Belle, Beau, Little Debbie and Big Al(ice) inside, he said, "Don't go outside or let the dogs out again, because there is a big rattle snake, rattling under the porch." When I asked him where it was, he said, "Basically, right below where you're standing, by the sink." And that's about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: