Tuesday, December 30, 2014

We Love The BBQ Sauce, Bill Hageman & The Chicago Tribune, Too!

Today has been great. This morning after I fixed Tony breakfast, I grabbed Jim's aka "The Mineral Man"secret BBQ sauce recipe and made it, but I halved the recipe, because I only had two quart jars to store it in.

It was easy to make and before I poured some of it into the crock pot with three chicken breast, Tony and I sampled it and IT WAS S0 DELICIOUS! Seriously, Tony and I agree that it is the best BBQ sauce that we've ever tasted. So, I need to do a shout out to Jim Bobbitt for sharing his friend's best kept secret recipe, because I promised that I will not share it and because I am going to enjoy Kinky and our friends trying to guess what the secret ingredients are—and not telling them. "Thank you, Jim! We totally love the BBQ sauce!" Here's a picture of the secret sauce if you think that you can figure out what the ingredients are.


This morning after we did the chores outside, we went over to Kinky's Lodge, because we saw Roy and Jonelle's pickup go by, towing a cord of wood, to deliver to Kinky. When we got over there, Kinky and Brian Molnar were finishing up, helping Roy & Jonelle, unload the last few pieces of wood from the trailer. "Tony!" Kinky jokingly half-hollered. "You need to take a picture of me working!"

"Sorry Kink, I forgot to bring my camera with me." Everyone laughed and then we had a fun visit with Roy and his sweet wife.

After our friends, from Utopia, adios-ed us and drove away, the four of us went into the Lodge for a fun visit. Then Tony and I came back home so we could eat lunch. Our lunch was baked sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and the mouth-watering bbq chicken breasts.

I spent the rest of the day inside The Cabin, because it was gray and chilly outside. I did some paperwork, returned some phone calls and e-mails and then I took a short, sleepless nap with our sweet dogs.

This evening when I checked my e-mail, our dear friend Bill Hageman, the most popular columnist, for The Chicago Tribune, had sent me a note to let me know that he had written the story about that beautiful diamond ring that was donated to us and he sent me the newspaper's link to it. So now I want to do another shout out to Bill Hageman & The Chicago Tribune for helping out our rescue ranch once again. "Thank you, Bill and The Chicago Tribune! We love y'all!" Here's the link to Bill's story.

And that is about it for tonight, because I can't wait to sit down and watch, The 37th Annual Kennedy Center Honors, at 8:00, with our dogs. 

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Ok, Nancy, I'm going to go with there being chopped onions, garlic, jalapenos and some ketchup in your secret barbecue sauce. That's the best I can do from your hints of the 3 states of origin. Did I guess anything right?

Have you tried this one? It sounds delish, and it's healthy, too!
http://www.primallyinspired.com/the-best-homemade-healthy-bbq-sauce/

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! You got three out of four right, but I'm telling you which ones you got right. I'll check out the bbq sauce recipe even though this one is the very best.