Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Mother Ship!

Yesterday and today have been great, but it has been pretty uneventful when it comes to exciting rescue ranch news. So I guess the only exciting news that I have is Tony and I did not get blown away, after going to bed Monday night, after eating those delicious sweet & sour beans that I had cooked.

Tuesday morning Tony and I did our daily chores early and we were back inside The Cabin by 8:30 and that's when we made and drank our Mean Green juice. After that I spent an hour doing some paperwork and then I decided to "take a brisk, four mile stroll down memory lane" with Leslie Sansone, in the big room.

It's been quite a long time since I have exercised with Leslie's fabulous DVD and it was a lot of fun. And I did work up a sweat, probably because of the beans that I ate the day before, because let's just say that I was "making noise" every time that I had to do the knee lifts and it scared Little Debbie.

After my "windy workout" I cooked us a healthy delicious lunch. I cooked a zucchini frittata using onions, garlic, spinach, zucchini, tomato, celery, jalapeno and cheese.Then I spread my new Cousin Nancy Serrano Pepper salsa, all over the top of it and served it with a very small portion of our leftover sweet & sour beans.



Yesterday was a beautiful day outside, so after lunch I cleaned up our dishes and then I went outside, with my iPod & Bose dock, in hand, to do some decorating and work on the Mother Ship. First, I hung up a painting of Kinky, that a fan had painted of him, that he had given to me, along with my framed pictures of Willie Nelson wearing a Geezinslaw Brothers t-shirt that my late husband and I had designed, and my autographed picture of Ben Crenshaw, wearing a golf shirt that I had embroidered for him, when he won the Masters, in 1995.




Then I hung up My Cow Patty Tea picture, that I designed, above the stove top. Before Kinky, Tony and I started the rescue ranch, I actually started a short-lived, but fun business called Cow Patty Tea Company. My girlfriend Lindy, in Utopia, let me come over to her cattle ranch and collect old, dried up cow patties, because I had come up with a plant fertilizer recipe using a bucket of 5 gallons of water and two cow patties. My concoction actually sold like hot cakes and Kinky even bought several bottles from me and he used it on his plants. Anyway, that is another funny story for another day.


After working on the Mother Ship, I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and Bob and to bring them our leftover frittata and sweet & sour beans. Needless to say, they loved it, ate it all and didn't blow up when Kinky lit his cigar.

Today Tony drove me to Boerne so I could attend another Pet Search & Rescue Board Meeting, because I am one of the board members on Jay Pennington's 501 (c)(3) organization that helps get pets adopted from pounds and shelters and gets lost pets back to their owners. If you want to check it out go to www.kerrvillepets.com, etc.

On our way home we stopped at Next Generation Produce, so we could try their Iron Man juice and as we were getting out of Trigger, a horn honked at us—it was Sandy Wolfmueller pulling in beside us, because she wanted to buy some fresh, local farm produce. 

While Tony and I sipped our delicious, super healthy juice, we had a fun visit with Sandy and then we came home and I took a nap with our dogs, after our out-of-county trip. And that is about it for tonight, because I plan to watch another Hallmark movie.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: