Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It's A Total Wash!

Today has been great. Late this afternoon Kinky called me about getting Brandon to do some baby sitting for The Friedmans, this Saturday. "Kinky, Brandon is going to be here in just a few minutes and if you want to talk to him about it, I can bring him over there."

"That's perfect, Nance," Kinky said. Then he and I talked about a few other things.

Ten minutes later, Brandon arrived, so I went outside to tell him that Kinky wanted to talk to him about possibly baby sitting The Friedmans on Saturday. Then Brandon and I jumped into Trigger and went over to the Lodge.

After Kinky greeted us, I said, "I need to get back over to the rescue ranch, so just call me when your meeting is done. Adios."

When I got back home I sat down at my computer and started editing my second novella, again. Twenty minutes later, the phone rang and it was Kinky, so I picked up the phone and said, "Hi, Kinky. Are you ready for me to pick up Brandon?"

There was a moment of silence and then Kinky sighed. In a very serious tone, Kinky said, "Nance, you can come pick up Brandon. There is no way that he can take care of The Friedmans. It's a total wash." Then he sighed again.

"What are you talking about? Brandon is perfectly capable of baby sitting your dogs for a few hours."

Then Kinky started laughing and then I heard Brandon laughing in the background. "I'm teasing you, Nance. Brandon's and my meeting is over and I am thrilled about using him to baby sit The Friedmans for me. Come on over so we can have a visit."

When I arrived at the Lodge, Brandon and Kinky were outside, still laughing about me believing Kinky.   "Hi, Kinky. Okay, you got me on that one..." Then we went out to the front porch and had a nice visit with Brandon. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: