Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Dog Called: Little Stay Awhile And Other Tales!

Today has been great. This morning while Brandon was eating breakfast with us, he was surrounded by our begging dogs and he laughed about it. Then Roy, who had been previously trained by his old owner, to not jump up on people, because he weighs nearly a hundred pounds, jumped up on Brandon's leg to get Brandon's full attention. As the three of us laughed about it I took this picture.


After lunch, the book that I had ordered last week, A Dog Called: Little Stay Awhile And Other Tales, that my dear friend, Judy White Ward, recently wrote, arrived and I was thrilled to get it and even more thrilled for my dear old friend, who is also my age.


It is Judy's first published book and it is about Tsin'tia, a mixed Labrador and Rhodesian Ridgeback, that she and her husband Lou purchased for only $40.00, in 1988. 

I am proud to say that I knew Tsin'tia, her son Quanah and all of Judy's and Lou's cats, when Jim and I lived in Austin. Being good friends and nearby neighbors to Judy and Lou we always got a kick when we went to their home, because their fun, fur family always were an enjoyable part of our visit.

I have already read half of Judy's book and I absolutely love it. And not because my late husband Jim, Tony, Kinky, our rescue ranch and I are mentioned in it. (Thank you, Judy!)

I've always known that my dear friend, Judy White Ward, is an extremely talented writer and while reading her stories about Tsin'tia and their other pets, I found her book very hard to put down. I hope that you will check out her book, A Dog Called: Little Stay Awhile And Other Tales, because tonight I plan to take a break from my second novella, because I cannot wait to finish reading Judy's entertaining, insightful book about her love of animals.  

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: