Monday, June 24, 2013

In Bed!

Today has been great. Early this morning, Tony and I did our morning chores outside, because we were picking Brandon up at 11:00, so the three of us could run errands and eat lunch together, in Kerrville.

Our first stop was at the Department of Public Safety, so Brandon could get a driving permit, to fill out, but the place was so packed with people, Brandon decided to take a permit that he will fill out later.

Brandon and Tony were hungry, so we decided to eat at China Town, which is almost next door to the DPS building. As Tony drove us over to the restaurant, Brandon told us that he likes Chinese food, but hasn't eaten very much of it. So I asked him, "Have you ever eaten Sweet & Sour Shrimp or Hot & Sour soup?"

"No ma'am."

"I tell you what," I said. "Tony and I will treat you to lunch if you order the exact same thing we do. Sweet & Sour Shrimp and Hot & Sour soup, with an egg roll, rice and vegetables."

"Sure I'll try it," Brandon replied.

When the waiter came to our table to take our drink order, we all answered (iced) tea and then Tony made the waiter laugh when he said, "We're ready to order also. We all want Sweet & Sour Shrimp, Hot & Sour soup."

While we sipped our soups we looked at the paper place mats,  to find out what Brandon's Chinese calendar symbol was. "It says I am a Dog," Brandon said. Then he read us what it had to say about The Dog. Then Tony told Brandon that he is a Horse and that I am a Rabbit.

When the waiter served us our Sweet & Sour Shrimp plates, Brandon told me that his favorite thing about eating Chinese food is getting to read his fortune, at the end of the meal.

"Brandon, one time we met my dear friend Mari, of The NoMads, here and she told us that as a joke she and her friends always add the words, "in bed," after reading their fortune cookies, because it makes it more funny."

Brandon loved the Sweet & Sour Shrimp dinner and when we had finished eating, the waiter appeared at our table to drop off the check and three fortune cookies.

We each took a fortune cookie and decided to read them out loud and adding "to bed," at the end of the fortune. I read mine first, but it wasn't much. Then Tony opened his fortune cookie and read his aloud and the "to bed" part made us chuckle.

Then Brandon opened his fortune cookie and said, "Go after what you want." Then the three of us burst out laughing.

"Oh dear," I said. "I can't believe it says that."

With Brandon laughing and starting to turn red he said, "There's no time like the present. In bed." Once again the three of us burst out laughing and we could not quit laughing, because every time that we looked at each other, we'd start laughing all over again.

Three minutes later, as we walked out of the restaurant, my eyes were wet, because I had been laughing so hard. Once outside, I said, "Brandon, I have got to blog about this tonight." I said. "Please save your fortune for me, so I will get it right."

Then we went to the little H-E-B and Office Max and as we walked back to Buttermilk, I asked Brandon if he would give me the little slip of paper that had his fortune. He reached into his pocket and handed me his wadded up fortune. Then we came back home.

As soon as the groceries had all been put up, I un-wadded Brandon's fortune and took a picture of it.


And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: