Sunday, March 31, 2013

Lightning And Thundering!

Today has been great. After we did our chores this morning we rushed to Kerrville to buy groceries for The Ice Man's empty freezer or at least we thought so. When we arrived at our favorite H-E-B store, on Main Street, the parking lot was empty. So we drove to their cupboard store, on 16 and it too was closed for Easter.

We were disappointed and we laughed about we should have known better, since it was Easter. Then we returned to the ranch with empty shopping bags and an empty freezer, if you don't count ice cubes.

After returning a few phone calls I sat down at my laptop and worked on a slide show to hopefully promote my first novella, The Cowgirl Sisterhood: The Membership Drive, Part I. I included several pictures of my friends that allowed me the use of their names, that I turned into quirky characters and used many props. Because I didn't have pictures of all of all of my friends/characters to use, you'll just have to guess who is who.

When I liked what I saw, I added Brandon's 5-track music that he alone composed and played, that he named, The Cowgirl Sisterhood Theme Song. Originally I was going to play guitar with him playing the mandolin and the ukulele, but when I heard him play his guitar I backed out and recommended that he play the guitar, because he is such a better musician than me. And after he re-recorded the tracks we are both glad that we made the changes, because his newest version is so much better than ours was.

I've added the novella slide show to the top of my sidebar and I hope that you will enjoy watching it and listening to Brandon's music.

As soon as I had completed the slide show it got dark outside and started lightning and thundering, so I had to unplug everything. Then it started raining real hard and then it started hailing. The much needed thunderstorm lasted for about two hours and I am proud to say, "We got 3/4 inch of rain and pea-sized hail."

When clear skies returned, I posted the slide show and that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!


6 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

No full moon. No mercury in retrograde. But I still can't access your slideshow? It's asking for a login and password?

Help, Obewon Nancy - you are my only hope.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari. Thanks for letting me know about this. Today I have worked with YouTube and the glitch is now fixed. I hope you enjoy it, even though I didn't have a picture of you and David.

Mari of the NoMads said...

Ssssh! Don't tell anyone we're not pictured in the slideshow! We're kinda hoping your blog fans might think some of the GOOD-LOOKING people in the slideshow are David and me!

cousin nancy said...

Laugh out loud, Mari! Y'all are both good looking.

Karin Pohlmann said...

Love the video and the music and cannot wait until Part II! Thanks for let me being a character in your books!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Karin. Thanks for letting me use you as a character.