Saturday, March 9, 2013

Move Here!

Today has been great. We love Topper, our new mattress topper and we slept like logs last night and we did not want to get out of bed this morning, because it felt so good just laying there. I am a little concerned about Mama and Roy enjoying the comfort of our new mattress, because they won't get off of our bed. But the good thing about it is they are taking turns sleeping on it and they have not gotten into a growling match. Here's a picture I took this morning of Roy sleeping like a dog.


This morning while I was outside finishing up my daily chores a car drove into the rescue ranch that I did not recognize, but that wasn't unusual because Saturdays are always open house for visitors.

About ten minutes later, I saw a smiling woman and a smiling man walking up to me. "Hi, welcome to the rescue ranch. I would shake your hands but I've been cleaning pens." They laughed.

"Are you Cousin Nancy?" The woman asked.

"Yes."

"I'm Brittany and this is my husband Brian. We've come all of the way from New Hampshire, so I could personally meet you. I read your blog and I want to buy a copy of your new book."

 Feeling honored and shocked that someone as far away as New Hampshire reads my blog and came all of that way to see me, I said, "Well then I'm going to give y'all the grand tour." Then I put my bucket down and leaned my pooper-scoopers up against the fence. "Let's go on up to The Cabin, so we can drink some coffee and visit." Then I half-hollered to Tony, "These are the only two pens left that need to be cleaned. They came all of the way from New Hampshire."

When we came inside our thirty-year-old trailer Mama and Roy greeted them, as I turned on my Keurig single-cup coffee brewer. Then I said, "Y'all want to meet Kinky?

"Sure."

"I spoke to him a little earlier and I know he was going to Kerrville this morning, but let me give him a call."

Three minutes later, we climbed out of Kermit and Kinky and The Friedmans came outside to greet us. Then all of us had a really fun visit with Kinky.

When we returned back to The Cabin, I then made them some fresh coffee and Tony and I showed them our trailer, which they seemed to love. Then Brittany bought a copy of my new novella and I signed it to them and wrote, "Y'all need to move here! Love, Cousin Nancy 3-9-12." And I meant what I wrote about moving here, because Tony and I liked them so much.

Then T. and me spent about thirty minutes in Outer Space trying to talk them into moving here. Before they had to leave we showed them The Okay Corral, Tony's No Whiner Dinner and my writing cabin and then we gave them a tour of our rescue ranch, so they could meet all of our super dogs.

As we were saying good bye to each other they told us they were going to Wolfmueller's Books to buy my other two books and Robert Earl Keen's book, because tonight they are going to Floore's Country Store, in Helotes, to a Robert Earl Keen concert. Then they are going back to Austin to catch an early morning flight back to New Hampshire.

Tony and I cannot wait for them to come back to see us like they said they would and we have our fingers crossed, that it will be sooner than later.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: