Thursday, March 28, 2013

Best Friends!

Today has been great. This afternoon, before we met Kris for lunch at El Sol de Mexico, our favorite Mexican food restaurant, in Kerrville, we went to the Melody Corner Music Center. "Stan the Music Man" is the owner of the cool music store and he is good friends with Kinky and us. I took my mandolin to him, so he could put some new strings on it and check out a sound problem it has developed, because it is over twenty years old. While he checked it out and fixed it for me and restrung it, we had a fun visit with him.

Lunch with Kris was a blast and we wished that her husband, The Mineral Man could have joined us. As always, Kris and I ordered their #26 and Tony ordered their #27 and our lunch was totally delicious.

When we got back to the rescue ranch, Kinky called me. "Nance, Little Jewford is over here and you and Tony need to come over."

"I'd love to see Little Jewford, but Tony is at the Medina Ace Hardware store right now. I'll be over there in just a minute."

Little Jewford is one of the funniest men that I know and every time that we get together he and I get to cutting up and joking and laughing about life and today was no different. The three of us sat outside on Kinky's front porch, with The Friedmans and we did so much laughing my back is aching as I type this.

I gave him a signed copy of my first novella, The Cowgirl Sisterhood: The Membership Drive, Part I and he was thrilled to know that I am writing fiction, novella cliffhangers. He teased me and told me that he could not wait to read it and that he planned to read it as he drove himself back to Austin tonight. Anyway, it was great seeing Little Jewford and catching up with him and visiting with Kinky.

Before I finish writing tonight, I spoke to Wendi, a dear friend of ours, who works at the famous Best Friends Animal Society, in Kanab, Utah. They are trying to get the word out about Texas House Bill 2981. Kinky, Tony and I love Best Friends and admire their work and we want to help them help our Texas Dogs. The House Bill 2981 is supposed to be voted on early next week. So please take the time to read what they sent us below and check out Best Friends site concerning this important bill. They wrote:

"Fellow Texans, Lone Star pets need your help. Please ask your state representative to support House Bill 2981, the Tax Saving Pet Adoption, Sterilization, and Transfer Act, which encourages government animal shelters and rescue groups to work together to save the lives of our pets. Remember, politics is not a spectator sport. So speak up for House Bill 2981. Check it out at Best Friends."

I hope that you can help get this Bill passed and that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: