Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mr. Peacock!

Today has been great. After we did our morning chores, Tony went to the Plant Haus to buy some tomato and pepper plants, while I stayed home to do some paperwork and return a few phone calls and e-mails.

Around 12:15, Sally, my dear eighty-four-years-old neighbor called. She told me that when she had checked her e-mail,  there was an e-mail from me and it didn't make any sense. "Sally, I didn't send you an e-mail, I promise. I think you should delete it. Years ago someone hijacked my e-mail account and they must be up to it again." Then she invited Tony and me to come over later this afternoon to visit with her and Gerri, her neighbor and our good friend.

As we drove over to Sally's, I told him about Sally receiving an e-mail supposedly from me. "Nancy, Nancy L. told me on Facebook that she had received an odd e-mail from you too."

When we arrived at Sally's she and her dogs came out to greet us and as we were walking towards the house we heard the strangest, loud screech and it made me jump. When we turned around to see what it was we saw a beautiful, white, male peacock. As Tony started taking pictures of it, Sally told us that it belonged to her neighbor. Then our friend Gerri pulled up. Here are two pictures that Tony took of the magnificent bird.



After Sally showed us her beautiful garden and some new landscaping we went to her deck for a visit, but before we started laughing, Sally showed me her handwritten copy of what was on the e-mail that she had deleted and it was weird. 

Supposedly, it was sent from me with five of my friends names, the subject was me and then it looked like a possible link to click, but I couldn't tell for sure, because of Sally's handwriting, followed by a bunch of random letters. So, if any of y'all have received that e-mail, please delete it, because I did not send it. 

Tony and I had a really fun visit with our friends. We caught up with each others latest news and we also laughed a lot. 

Please keep your fingers crossed for us tonight, because we might be getting some rain. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

P.S. This morning, The Mineral Man sent me the coolest, youtube ukelele video, performing the instrumental,  "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and it is awesome. I hope that y'all will check it out.

No comments: